Judical Committee- FUBAR decisions

by Think About It 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

I had posted this as part of another thread, but thought it might make a good separate thread. Here's a JC fubar decision that I experienced.

I dealt with a brother who threatened to kill his family, my family, and then himself. This guys' secret sins were becoming manifest and as an elder some things came to my attention, including wife abuse and according to her, allegations of possible misconduct with the young daughter. I brought it to the attention of his elders and the CO, but nothing was done because he had too much secret dirt on all of them. Since no one would help her and we had been friends with the family, the wife ask if we would help her get out of the abusive situation. We agreed to help and house her & the children until her father could arrange to come move them. We got death threats and was stalked at night by this guy. The elders or police would not nothing. I was friends with him before he went off the deep end, knew he had guns and that he was a nut job enough to be the type to kill his family, then himself. The wife inadvertently came into possession of secret letters & tape recordings of an inappropriate relationship with the CO that made the CO look very bad. The situation was so bad that at night I barricaded the doors and nailed scrap wood across the doors to keep him from breaking the glass and unlocking the door to enter and kill us all. I finally got tired of it and got a 12 gauge shotgun. That very night my intuition woke me up at 3AM to find this guy slowly driving by my house. He stopped at the end of my driveway and I stepped out on the porch to shoot him. When he seen me he took off and never did stalk us anymore. The wife's father came and moved them away from him. I kept pushing the issue about this guy and the CO, until finally the CO formed a "Special Judicial Committee" of elders of his choosing to look into it. At the hearing I told the things I knew and the wife told what she knew, including the suspected misconduct with the young daughter. We offer to let them read the letters and hear the tape recordings, but they refused.

The end result......nothing was done to the brother or the CO. I however, was called into a meeting with my elders and was forced to listen to a letter where Brooklyn, the CO, and the "Special Committee" elders gave me a REPRIMAND!

That was the beginning of the end for me in this org. It wasn't long after that I was completely out.

Have you seen or heard about any Judical Committee fubar decisions?

Think About It

• awildflower
    awildflower

Tell me what a FUBAR is? I haven't heard that before.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good-frikkin'-grief...!!! I've never heard of such stupidity - but I've been out for 26 years or so... Your story makes me very angry at the idiot elders! Talk about having their heads up their arses!!! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Is a FUBAR related to a "FOO - Fighter"??? Just kidding!

"FuBAR"... Hmmm... "F*cked - Up - " ... Ah, just looked it up!! "Beyond All Repair"!!!

• awildflower
    awildflower

Is that really what it means zid? Man I gotta start texting so I can learn the new language!

• Think About It
    Think About It

awildflower.....your innocence is what I love about you. Looks like you all have figured FUBAR out.

Think About It

• Think About It
    Think About It

Good-frikkin'-grief...!!! I've never heard of such stupidity - but I've been out for 26 years or so... Your story makes me very angry at the idiot elders! Talk about having their heads up their arses!!! Zid

As outrageous as it sounds......no heads were up arses. It was a hand picked committe of suck elders with a political directive to protect the Org. and CO.

Think About It

• awildflower
    awildflower

Now that we've cleared that up..........your story is one messed up story! And this was suppose to be "God Appointed", yeah right!

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Oh my . . . Just wondering what did the elders and CO do, and how did the crazy guy have dirt on them? What a corrupt religion!

• awildflower
    awildflower

Yeah, what kind of "inappropriate relationship with the CO"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit