The REAL Chart of the Ages...

by undercover 9 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
  • undercover
    undercover

Okay...for some reason the thing farted and posted blank...

Anyhoo...

I found this old chart I made awhile back trying to trace the JW lineage back to William Miller. It's a jpeg saved from a PDF saved from a .dwg so it might be a bit blurry. Hopefully it can be seen good enough to read...

• superpunk
    superpunk

Very cool. Thanks.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Very good - especially the progression from Millerites to the various adventist flavors.

EDIT = I was also not aware that the Christadelphians had roots back into the Millerites.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I will use this.

elder-schmelder

• yknot
    yknot

....... so really all of this is the fault of the .....

....................BAPTISTS...................................

• undercover
    undercover
    I was also not aware that the Christadelphians had roots back into the Millerites.

In some ways their roots are probably closer roots than JWs. John Thomas who founded the Christadelphians met William Miller and agreed with the second coming of Christ stuff. He later then formed his own congregations.

Russel was influenced by former followers of Miller but didn't himself have any connections to the man...that I remember anyway.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Interesting -

Is there much of anything left of the Christadelphians nowadays? I remember some of the witnesses used to think they were somehow the "closest" to the JW "truth" of any of the other religions.

Did the Christadelphians pretty much give up on the setting of dates for the end?

• undercover
    undercover

They've got a web page that lists ecclesias (I guess that's cult-speak for Kingdom Hall ) all over the world but I don't know much about their beliefs....

• Terry
    Terry

I like the Christadelphians. I use to go to their discussion group and post there.

They were very, very patient with me.

Check it out:

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christadelphian-Discussion-Forum/82715928389

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit