Witness/Offender Wants to Go Door to Door

by truthseekeriam 4 Replies latest social current

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Not sure if this was posted yet.
    It's something I think needs to be exposed more and more.
    People need to know that JW do send sex offenders to their doors.
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/03/10/25418.htm W itness/Offender Wants to Go Door to Door

By KEVIN KOENINGER
    ShareThis

CINCINNATI (CN) - A Jehovah's Witness who was convicted of felony attempted sexual abuse has sued the State of Ohio, claiming it unconstitutionally prohibits him from practicing his religion by proselytizing door-to-door more than once a month.

Lawrence Bullard says he should be allowed to proselytize door-to-door twice a week with other Witnesses, as their religion requires. He says he's an exceedingly low risk to re-offend, and the circumstances prove it.
    Bullard says that in the incident that got him in trouble, he reported himself to police and waited for them to come arrest him after he argued with his fiancée. He was still a virgin when he was arrested and pleaded guilty to the Class E felony in New York, he says.
    Bullard says he became engaged to another Jehovah's Witness in 1999. "Unfortunately, their relationship was a rocky one," he says in his federal complaint. They "argued frequently and broke up on numerous occasions." He says it was the first "serious relationship" he had ever had.
    "On or about Dec. 16, 2001, after another break up, Lawrence went over to [his former fiancée's] house. He was angry at her, upset and confused. He let himself in when she was not home and hid in her closet waiting for her to come home."
    When she arrived, he says, he "confronted her. And they argued. At some point, he forcibly kissed her and fell to the floor on top of her. He then put his hands down her pants, touching her pubic area."
    He says he "immediately realized that he made a serious mistake, in violation of both his faith and the law." He says he called the police from the lobby of his ex's apartment building, and waited there until they arrested him.
    After pleading guilty to the class E felony, Bullard says he was classified as a low risk, and sentenced to 10 years of probation and ordered to register as a sex offender.
    In 2008, "because of his trouble-free adjustment to probation, he says, he "was placed on non-reporting status."
    Bullard, 37, says he has been married for 4 years. He says his religious practice of going door-to-door twice a week with Witnesses made him well-suited for a job in sales, which he eventually found with a roofing company.
    But when his parole officer in Ohio found out about his religious practices and his job as a door-to-door salesman, Bullard says, she forbade it.
    She asked him to sign a document agreeing not to go door to door, but he refused, citing his religion. Ohio then "requested a warrant for his arrest from New York."
    He says the request was ultimately withdrawn, and the Ohio Department of Parole allowed him to proselytize once a month. Bullard says his religion requires him to do it twice a week, and that he's no risk because he will be accompanied by other Witnesses.
    He seeks a restraining order and injunction. He is represented by David Singleton with the Ohio Justice & Policy Center.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

No comments on this story?

Was it covered already?

Nothing, Nada...

Oh well....I tried.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/03/10/25418.htm

He was still a virgin when he was arrested and pleaded guilty to the Class E felony in New York, he says.
    Bullard says he became engaged to another Jehovah's Witness in 1999. "Unfortunately, their relationship was a rocky one," he says in his federal complaint. They "argued frequently and broke up on numerous occasions." He says it was the first "serious relationship" he had ever had.
    "On or about Dec. 16, 2001, after another break up, Lawrence went over to [his former fiancée's] house. He was angry at her, upset and confused. He let himself in when she was not home and hid in her closet waiting for her to come home."
    When she arrived, he says, he "confronted her. And they argued. At some point, he forcibly kissed her and fell to the floor on top of her. He then put his hands down her pants, touching her pubic area."
    He says he "immediately realized that he made a serious mistake, in violation of both his faith and the law." He says he called the police from the lobby of his ex's apartment building, and waited there until they arrested him.
    After pleading guilty to the class E felony, Bullard says he was classified as a low risk, and sentenced to 10 years of probation and ordered to register as a sex offender.
    In 2008, "because of his trouble-free adjustment to probation, he says, he "was placed on non-reporting status."
    Bullard, 37, says he has been married for 4 years.

Hmm! So he was born in '73, or possibly the latter half of '72. I love how they comment on his virginity. I think this has a big role to play in all of this.

Let's do the math: the crime happened in December 2001, when he was either 28 or 29. Damn, going that long without getting laid would drive anyone crazy! Also, consider the fact that he had been engaged for some amount of time before it was cut off at 26 or 27. The second fianceé was his "first serious relationship"? How do you get engaged without having some sort of serious relationship, unless you're mentally unbalanced? Or very desperate? Think about it...he wanted to legally get laid, so he got engaged with random chick #1, but the lust wasn't enough, and it broke off.

He tries again with random chick #2, but once more, getting married to get laid wasn't good for her. So the second engagement gets cut off and he goes back to #1. Can anyone guess what they argued about? I can! "Why didn't we ever do the deed? Why wasn't I good enough for you?" And then he sexually assaulted her. He did it because he made a disgusting decision to relieve his sexual tension upon his former fianceé. At least the WT-inspired guilt and whatever shred of honor he had left prevented him from raping her (though what he did was just as bad, let's be clear about that).

This is the result of the screwed up marriage policy...if there'd been some way for him to get laid without having to commit to marriage, I don't think he would have become this desperate. When masturbation is wrong, and premarital sex is very, very, wrong, this is what happens. The WT says you must get married to get laid. And when it doesn't work out, what's a guy to do? It'll drive you crazy. That's why I'm happy for all the JW guys who conveniently break that rule and find ways to get laid, so they don't end up going crazy like this guy.

Another good lesson: change your locks when you change relationships.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Eh, I've not got any issues with it. So he was a repressed idiot he f*cked up he paid for it and it was in the past and it's in the far past. Why punish someone for their entire life over one stupid mistake?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My issue was the lie that he used.... "Lawrence Bullard says he should be allowed to proselytize door-to-door twice a week with other Witnesses, as their religion requires" Anyone who is a JW knows it's not a required, I mean these days you can count 15 min a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit