Porsche Needs New Blood....

by Sam Whiskey 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

It's the same crap different name. I love Porsche, but it's time to come up with some new innovative designs guys....

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Porsche is still making some great cars, the Boxster and the 911 are classics. When I get back to work (soon I hope) I plan on shopping for a used Boxter S.

The SUV, Cayman, and Panamera do nothing for me but they are still all Porsche engineering. The SUV was developed for two reasons . . SUVs were HOT and still are good sellers, and they used the SUV to develop new engine and suspension technology, said technology has been rumored to be for a re-introduction of the 928 marque. Car and Driver tested a Cayenne S against a 911 and were stunned to find that the SUV could do laps on par with the 911.

I own a '87 924S (Basicly a narrow body 944) it's a blast to drive.

I also own a 1991 944S2 that I purchased with a badly broken engine. I put a 375 HP 1997 Corvette LT1 in it, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. It is my Friday night street-fighter Rice-Boy terminator. Licence plate reads "U-LOSE"

I also own a 1980 924 Turbo project that is about half done, I am doing a 924 GT conversion to it.

• designs
    designs

Looking for a 912 to restore someday, any advise on best year, 66 - 71?

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

"Looking for a 912 to restore someday, any advise on best year, 66 - 71?"

69 or 70, they will be pre-emissions and will not have the ungainly 5-mph bumpers legislated in the US in 71. Almost bought a 69 a few years back but already had two projects ongoing.

• designs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit