AGuest! You there?

by Inkie 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

AGuest! You There?

As I mentioned in a post elsewhere, the word “Messiah” contains with itself the name of God—Jah. I just wanted to tell you that the Septuagint (LXX), as shown in www.blueletterbible.com , tells us in Daniel 9:26 of the coming of the Messiah, or as the LXX says, the coming of “khristos kurios” (two Greek words for the one Hebrew word—Messiah) or the ‘Anointed of Jah.’ I thought that was so cool!

In doing casual and further research, the Voice suddenly took me to Luke 2:11. There it reads:

“for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.”

But the interesting part was that the Voice said the phrase “Christ the Lord” is made up of the same words here as it is in the LXX, so that the angel was actually saying “a Saviour, who is the Anointed of Jah.” The angel was not saying: “a Saviour, who is the Anointed AND Lord.” (Although the angel would be correct in so saying nonetheless.) It’s just that he wasn’t saying that. The words in the LXX at Daniel 9:26 or the exact same words in Luke 2:11. They are in the exact same order, and in the same language—Greek. It can only have one legitimate meaning or translation in both places.

I am reminded of that text in the NT where it reads (in the Greek): “quite mixing in company with” in two separate places (can’t remember exactly where it is right now), but the Society translates the end meaning in one occurrence as “disfellowshipping” and the other occurrence as “marking” where you still treat the person as a “brother.” How does that work? I always thought you can’t have the same phrase meaning two different end results. But that’s what the Society does.

Anyway, I just thought I’d share with you where the Voice took me. Way cool!

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/bat-signal.jpg

............................. ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! (Pleae forgive my delay in responding - I've been out of town for the last 7 days with no (free) access to a computer (and no money to "rent" one, so...))

Thank you for sharing this information! I know that words, including prefixes, suffixes, etymology, etc., isn't important to many - it wasn't to me, either, until my Lord started speaking to me, reading to me, and so explaining words so that I would understand what he was saying and meant... particularlyin Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. As I learned from him, I not only learned how a lot of words got/get mistransliterated... but how they are often purposely changed to suit certain ones' beliefs. It was prophesied. Jeremiah 8:8

I am glad to know that someone else hears my Lord's voice (?)... and that such voice had lead you to these verses AND the true rendering/transliterations. What you have shown here only supports what my Lord has told me as regards the name of the Most Holy One of Israel (JaHVeh, which means "JAH, who cause armies to exist/breathes armies into existence, etc." or, in shortened form "JAH... of Armies". It makes me understand WHY his name is "JAHeShua" (meaning "JAH Saves/Salvation of JAH")... and why so MANY names, places, terms, etc., included that name (i.e., EliJAH, AbiJAH, JeremiJAH, JAHel, etc.).

A funny thing: on the way from the [Burbank] airport to the hotel [Pasadena] I got a cab driver who was quite talkative. He was from Armenia... and he wanted to talk about how "American christians" are misled and uninformed as to certain TRUTHS about "christianity." For example, he wanted me to know that two of the earliest "christian" faiths still exist today, one in Armenia and the other in Ethiopia. Okaaayyyyy... whatever (he had a heavy accent, so I really couldn't get much of what he was saying). One thing that I DID get was that he was concerned that many Americans believe Ararat to be in Turkey, when it is actually in Armenia (in fact, the word "Armenia" means "Ararat", at least according to McClintock and Strong, whom the WTBTS quotes extensively - unfortuntely, they're not always right, either, but apparently they are in this).

Anyway, what was "funny" is that this gentleman, in telling me about Armenia and Ararate, asked me... a couple/few times... "Ararat, you know Ararat? You know mountain, Ararat... you know ark? Mountain where NOYAH put ark? You know NOYAH?" Of course, he was speaking of the man the western world knows as "Noah". But in the LAND of Noah... Ararat... his name is pronounced "No Yah". I thought that was SO cool... in light of what I was recently directed to share about WHOSE "christians"... or anointed/chosen... we, the members of the Body of Christ, are!

Oh, and Armenia is also known as "Irmeniyah", pronounced "Er meenie Yah"! More coolness!

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit