What purpose do the 'Annointed' serve?

by LDH 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LDH
    LDH

?

Have you ever wondered what the Annointed do the other 364 days, when they're not partaking of the Manischewitz? (or whatever the hell that cheap ass wine is called).

Aren't they supposed to be rulers in heaven with Jesus?

Why aren't they getting any practice on earth?

I would say any cong. that has a member of the Annointed views that one as a talisman.

Our cong had two, they were married. And of course they were an old white couple. He was very kind from what I remember, but the older she got the crankier she got. Of course, because she felt she was one of Jesus' spiritual brothers, she should have pulled more rank than the elders. Therefore, whenever a matter for voting came up, she would comment on how things should be done HER way, because wasn't she annointed?!?!

I wonder about the remaining 9,000+??? What exactly are they doing?

Lisa

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I saw no reason for them, except to excite the masses. "Oh, we have an annointed in our congregation-we are special!"

Big deal. My maternal great-grandfather and his wife were recruited in 1914. Their son, my maternal grandfather, never became a dub. In fact, he became a child molester.

My great-grandmother dropped out for some reason. No one in the family was allowed to speak to her because she was an EVIL SLAVE. At all family gatherings the poor old lady sat alone while her grandchildren and great-grandchildren totally ignored her.

My great-grandfather remained married to her until she died. Alone.

She was vilified. Her funeral had only family and my great-grandfather was not there!

His funeral was a lavish, typical JW affair. In the bathroom of the funeral home I told him he was a mean old bastard and to get fucked. I did not have the courage to say it in public.

If there is a heaven and he is up there, I still would tell him to get fucked. His principals and beliefs in the dubs caused so much harm to three generations of my family. I do not believe he is ruling with God. He is trolling with Satan. If there is a Satan.

"I used to be Snow White, then I drifted." Mae West

• Bang
    Bang

---- Aren't they supposed to be rulers in heaven with Jesus? Why aren't they getting any practice on earth? -----

I thought that judging the rest of the world was their main trip.

Bang

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hey brother. Thats Anointed. ONE "n" not 2.
    Didnt you read brother Alwards post?
    Get it right or youll offend us spelling puritans.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Can someone tell me why only the annointed partake of the emblems? This has always bothered me. I've read all the scriptures. I still don't see where it says only the annointed should partake.

In fact, it bothered me so much that recently I went to an Episcopal church (I was Episcopal before I became a witness), and took Holy Communion because I felt the need to demonstrate my beleif in Jesus and his dying for us. I went to the Episc church because I know every Sunday they have Holy Communion. It felt kind of odd because I've been a witness for quite some time, but I do feel good about having part in the Holy Communion. Of course no one knows because I would be DF.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

In real Christianity, anointing is experienced by all spirit-filled Christians, which should be the case where the Christian can detect the Holy Spirit within his self and experience the effects it has upon him by his new nature, where he is drawn into a joint-heir relationship with Christ.

Also, this heirship is expressed in the Christian's communion activity, demonstrating his discipled relationship with Christ. This heirship he has with Christ makes him an actual spiritual son of God, where he is reconciled before God to approach God through his son.

The WT uses the expression "other sheep" of a different fold, making a two-level Christianity. This is entirely wrong.

The expression "other sheep" applies to the GENTILES, to whom God's grace is extended, in manifestation, by the Holy Spirit, beyond the nation of Israel; that is, also to the nations, the non-Jews, such as for myself, perhaps you, and others.

• AlanF
    AlanF

The purpose of the anointed is to fool the JW rank and file into thinking that the Watchtower Society is run by more than a handful of spiritually ossified ancients.

AlanF

• badwillie
    badwillie

My mother claims to be "anointed". She has for the last 20 years or so. What I never understood is this:
    pre-1935 this was the only classification of JW, whether you were 8 or 80 years old. When someone new made the claim of being one of the anointed post-1935 they were viewed as replacements for one who had died unfaithful. Numerous WT articles make the statement that any replacement anointed would most likely come from among those who have served faithfully for MANY YEARS. Why would that be the case, if as I said, you could have been 8 years old and considered "anointed" pre-1935 ??? Yet another WT riddle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit