Fleecing the Flock

by cameo-d 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Taken to the cleaners? Soaked? Wrung out? Hung out to dry?

This is how it looks when they have finished with you.

• shamus100
    shamus100

No. I didn't give them one cent. I don't think it's like that at all unless you allow yourself to give $$$ to them. Pardon me. I paid them $20.00 per day at DC's, CA's. That's it. I was a leech, but I didn't care. Whatever I got for donations went in the box and that was IT! The rest was up to jehover.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Cameo-D, where'd you get that image...??? 'CAuse it reminds me of the ancient method of obtaining gold - placer gold - from streams, used by the ancient Greeks... They'd pin a sheepskin with wool attached into a stream, and then - after a period of time - go back and collect the skin. The lanolin in the sheep's wool would tend to catch gold flakes, causing them to 'stick' to the wool.... As I understand it, that method is the origin for the myth of "Jason and the Golden Fleece..."

Zid

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ziddina-

Your avatar, from the film of the Novel "Space Vampires" just gave me pause.

In the book, when the space ship is found the dead vampires cannot deceive so are seen as octopus shaped bodies. It is only those still alive that make their potential victims see gorgeous gals or sensual hunky men.

Bit like the Witchtower - as it begins to die like the Adventists and the Plymouth Brethren, people meeting them for the first time are no longer deceived - but can see a dying Victorian cult for what it is..

HB

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Has anyone ever had dealings with the Plymouth Bethren? I'm curious about them. And why did God choose only Plymouth as the place to be saved? Seems a bit geographically restricted if I'm being really honest.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Did you ever wonder what SS really stands for?

The Strange Disappearance of 100,000 American Millionaires

Last year, the number of American millionaires fell by 100,000. Yet 200,000 new millionaires showed up overseas. Why? Because hugely profitable investments are being hidden from you by a cartel of lawyers, regulators and Wall Street special interests.

This is much bigger than you probably imagine.

• glenster
    glenster

Does that mean we're going to get something to eat? Same with the atheists--
    just get together to congratulate each other on being better than everyone else.
    Just as boring. They have to get some spaghetti monster dinners together--with
    some tasty meatballs, a delicious salad, some red wine is good for your health....
    I'd go to one of the meetings if they did that. I hope you don't think we're
    going to these things just to hear the talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit