Would you even want to?

by Eiben Scrood 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Just for a moment, let's assume JWs ARE the true religion meaning their portrayal of God is the correct one. Would you even want to serve a God like that? I'd like to think that God is better than that. That he wouldn't play with his people's emotions decade after decade, teasing them with new predictions of the end, forcing them to live bizarre lives never thinking they're going to die or make house repairs or get married or have children or get educated or really care about anything in this material world. That he wouldn't repress individuality to such a complete degree. That he wouldn't inflict constant guilt and a feeling of never being able to do enough. That he wouldn't warp your mind so that you're looking forward to the slaughter of 7 billion people.

It really seems rather fiendish of God if he were to use his one channel to mindf_ck people in such a complete way. Even after my fade I feel like I'll never be totally normal, that I'll alway fear Armageddon, that I'll always have Kingdom songs running through my head.

God, if you're out there, show yourself!

• feenx
    feenx

NO! wait....let me rephrase F*CK NO!

I actually thought about this right after I'd gotten disfellowshipped, when I didn't know which way was up. But I decided, consciously, and for myself for the first time in my life that even if everything they say is absolutely true, I would never want to live for an eternity with those kinds of people, subjugated under that kind of god and heavenly government.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit