Swat teams?

by hungry4life 1 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

While going through some other posts I read several references to swat teams. It gave me the impression that elders were going to be cracking down on those of us who had slipped away. I could not find the original thread for this, is this something mentioned in the congregation, publications, inside knowledge or some other source?also to what extent? I am not totally worried, but would appreciate a heads up if the elders are actually going to show up at my door after 3 1/2 years.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hungry:
    I'm not aware of any all and out campaign by the Society to 'crack down' on those that have left. There were reports here of recent KS schools and nothing of the sort was mentioned. Generally it's been the stance of the Society to pretty much leave alone those that quietly fade away as long as the community no longer recognizes them as witness and that they don't cut up too much so as to call attention to themselves. Remember, it's their image that they are concerned about and that is all.

That is not to say that some 'gun happy' elder just moved in or worse still, newly appointed won't take it upon himself to go on a 'witch hunt' and thus start looking up all who once attended. From time to time there will be a C.O. who will do the same. In the case of the latter it's usually when there are many problems in a congregation, especially when those problems won't go away. A scapegoat is sought and a 'swat team' is sent out for the sacrificial victims. Nothing seems to bring a congregation back in line quite as effectively as several 'public hanings'.

There is no guarantee that you will not be approached even if you have been out all this time. There are certain things you can do to minimize the possibility of a JC if that is what you want to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit