In proverbs 27:11 is Jehovah speaking?

by hoser 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hoser
  • hoser
    hoser

I read prov 27:11 in context and I got something new out of it. The WTS says that it is Jehovah speaking to us to answer a reply to Satan.

When I read the whole chapter It sounded more like an earthly father saying to his kid: "don't do anything stupid that's gonna embarrass me later"

Also if indeed it refers to Jehovah why are there no quotation marks to refer to a third party speaking as other places in the bible where Jehovah speaks they always have """ to show that Jah is speaking. Matthew 3:17

Does the WTS use this scripture out of context to control the masses? they sure use it a lot.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Supposedly, Solomon wrote proverbs and as such it is Solomon speaking or God speaking through Solomon or Solomon speaking the words the God spoke to him that inspired him to write them down.

Whichever view you choose to subscibe to.

• dissed
    dissed

hoser - As a suggestion, don't assume everyone knows the scripture cited well enough to leave it off the post. Its been 13 years for me away from the JW's and I don't remember it.

• blondie
    blondie

www.biblegateway.com

Several non-jw bible translations

• wobble
    wobble

Thats the "Be wise......... that I may give a reply to the one taunting me " isn't it ?

Yup, again the WT is taking it out of context. The whole of the Proverbs seem to have been collected to instruct young Rulers on how to act, so this is more the King talking to a young prince. Of course the WT would use the old "BY extension...." blah blah.

Thanks for pointing that out Hoser, if I ever read it in the past I thought of it the WT way, not any more, thanks.

Love

Wobble

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Although don't agree with a lot of WT interpretation is, this one I do think is talking about God. If comparing with Rev 12:10 - "because the ACCUSER of our brothers has been hurled down, who ACCUSES them DAY AND NIGHT BEFORE our God."

Job as well, when Job 1:9, 11 - Is is for nothing taht Job has feared God? For a change, thrust out your hand and touch everything his has and see whether he will not curse you to your very face.

Prob 27:11 - does not make sense as a earthly father to his son, because who is "taunting" him?

Based on those scriptures, Satan is quick to point out all ones sins and try to talk God out of forgiving them, saying they don't deserve it. Based on Rev 12:10 - he is the king of tattle tailing

• Titus
    Titus

Yes, and "son" in that verse is every anointed JW. Not common JW with "earthly hope", because they are not "sons of God" according to Romans 8:16.

Did you know that it is official teaching of JWs?

I was flabbergasted when I heard that!

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

It is the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, speaking to His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, dear hoser. The fulfillment of that admonition ("Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice... that I might make a reply to him that is taunting me"...) was recorded by Matthew, Mark, and Luke.

Matthew 4:1-11 Mark 1:11-13 Luke 4:1-14

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit