So you are a ex-JW because . . . ?

by Slave4_38y 17 Replies latest social humour

• Slave4_38y
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn; I can't use any of those.

I'm an XJW because the number of reasons to leave gradually outweighed the number of reasons to stay.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Left for blatant HYPOCRISY! Stayed out once we learned TTATT!
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    Because of the internet. That's how I learned TTATT
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Slave, that chart made me chuckle... thank you.

My Father used to tell his JW 'friends' it was because I pursued higher education that I wasn't a JW.

It's interesting that he never really asked ME why I wasn't a JW. I think he didn't want to have his faith shaken. But over the years we have had some conversations. I definitely gave him things to think about.

I have many reasons, some of which include theodicy, disagreeing with Watchtower doctrine such as the no blood policy, their misogynistic ideals/practices, shunning, and pedophilia.

Their claim of having exclusive Truth is easily shot down as time passes. Changing doctrine or beliefs = no exclusive Truth.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Because it's a high-control, authoritarian cult and I no longer wanted to be part of the hypocrisy and lies.

I am so much happier now that I can life my own life and pursue what is real.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Because I personally have an open analytical mind that has critical thinking capabilities, which avails myself to evaluate things in a balanced unbiased perspective.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am an ex JW because I read a lot, questioned everything. I decided very early on that the JW dogma was bad fiction. Worse then that they couldn't figure out what they believed half of the time. It was also boring.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if your belief system bores you.............. you have a perfectly valid reason to leave it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

............http://euaggelion2414.com/Watchtower_logo.jpg

Image result for Hypocracy.....https://lion2lamb.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/hypocrite-definition.jpg?w=199&h=199

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Satan's offer was better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit