I hate my gravatar & how it follows me around

by Heartofaboy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

How can I be rid of my gravatar it has followed me even though I've had to change my username because of being rumbled & I find it an intrusion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HOAB

• zoiks
    zoiks

Gravatars are automatically generated by your email address. If you don't like it, you can go to www.gravatar.com and upload a picture that you do like.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I have a similar concern that the exact same gravatars are shared by all systems. I am on this forum semi-anonomyously, but there are other forums that I am on openly (technical forums) which both share the same gravatar. It seems that if I registered at the different forums using the same email address, Im stuck with the same Gravatar image for all of them. I consider it a slight privacy issue.

If anyone has a way around this... "Im all ears"

Darth Fader

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I thought Simon was going to fix it back so we could load an avatar from JWN. I also do not like the gravatar and the "following" truly is a privacy issue. Not good.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I've been to gravatar.com & changed the image to one I like but the green monster is still bugging me!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRGHHHHHH

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

OH no its not it has now changed........................

There is still the privacy issue though if my new image follows me wherever my email address is used.

THIS MUST STOP & NOW!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey, Heartofaboy... your gravatar is working as designed. My understanding is that they were created to follow you no matter where you go. They are supposed to be 'universal'. So if you want a unique avatar for this site you'll have to wait for the new format (at least, that's my understanding).

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

You said it, Darth Fader! The only way around the privacy problem I can see is to have another email account and letting the gravatars chase around that alias instead of my real address. Now the cat is out of the bag.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I HATE my avatar. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it.

It's like I'm hanging on to this forum just to change the damned thing, but it won't let me.

It's like waiting for armageddon, this new format.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit