Pick and Choose your beliefs

by lancelink 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lancelink
    lancelink

wow, my head is still spinning. Let me start from the beginning.

I got baptized in 1978, my sister in 1982. She ended up getting df'ed for fornication after one year (going out and living with a guy at 18 years old).

So according the the org. belief system, there has been hardly any contact with her all these years.

OK, now fast forward, my wife and I DA'ed ourselves one year ago.

Now I find out that my Dad keeps in contact with my dfed sister, yet he ignores my family and my other two sisters (who never became witnesses, they say all the dysfunction over the years).

I find it funny how he picks and chooses what to believe.

Because I have left the jw's,,,, I'm basically nobody.

But my sister who left in a blaze of glory by smoking, fornicating, and turning her back on the org. is OK to associate with.

My other two sisters who are decent-hardworking women he does not speak to.

Since when has this religion become the walmart of spiritual - decisions ?

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

lance-

There is an unspoken rule that those that DA are worse than those who get DF'ed. Stupid, but true.

Although I got kicked for fornicating, I married the guy and we've been together for the past 9 years. Doesn't that stand for anything? I don't lie (often) or steal and I try to live by the Golden Rule. It doesn't matter that I live a good and moral life. My elder father was disfellowshipped after me (and subsequently reinstated) for adultery and he STILL wouldn't talk to me! What he did was worse than me!

• lancelink
    lancelink

wow thats a strange one, you must have your head screwed on straight to deal with that !

Thanks for the story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit