DC2015 New Release: Brochure "Return to Jehovah" for those who faded/left

by Designer Stubble 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

Will this be new light?

New light is never released at a convention. They can't control the flow of information that way.

Will they ease up on their shunning?

No.

Could this be it????

No.

There is just too much bad press about them now.

About child abuse cases, yes. No one cares about JW shunning. Well over 99.9% over the world's population doesn't give a rat's patootie if one bunch of members of an insignificant cult decide to shun a bunch of other members (or ex-members) of that same insignificant cult.

It's easy to forget that 99.9% of the world's population don't think anything about Jehovah;s Witnesses for more than 10 seconds a year. They are that irrelevant.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

If we dont respond "humbley", they will have a "good reason" to say,

you see, they've really turned theirback on jehovah. you must shun them, completely

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Interesting that ch 5 tells you to return to ... "the overseer of your souls."

-- the OVERSEER! Yeah, being in bondage & slavery to *them* is just so appealing!

• freein2004
    freein2004
    I mostly agree with you sir82. But I do think they will eventually ease the shunning. Shunning is a powerful tool but they'll still have the fear of the Big A to keep them in the org. I truly believe they'll eventually go mainstream . And they could still keep people in fear of apostates while easing the shunning.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yeah, if they're always going to shun anyone it's going to be apostates. They are way too insecure an organization to ever not shun apostates.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    I see this as reinforcement of the DF Rule. This Brochure will be another disappointment for those that have close relatives that are DF'd.
  • violias
    violias

the cynic in me sees this as a bit like a rogue virus program.. It looks good, promises to help, but I believe their intent is to flush out those they can officially DF or DA and get them off the books. If you fall for it --it will cost you dearly.

Always remember with the WTS the rule of thumb is

follow the money ( or lawsuits etc)

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Yes, I'm so tired of resting comfortably on weekends, what I crave is to climb back into my skirts, pantyhose and dress shoes, schlep down to the fleecing parlor to hear every negative problem going on in the world, pretend to be happy that some guy in the sky wants me to kiss Brother Dominate's back cheeks with a free lunch and listen to Sister Bitchy Gossip bragging about her latest bible study. I musta lost my head to have given all that up.

Marina

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Iown Mylife...love your post. I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We should be happified that this brochure is coming out. It means A LOT of people are leaving and they know it. With the people exiting so goes the money too! Follow the money trail!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit