DC2015 New Release: Brochure "Return to Jehovah" for those who faded/left

by Designer Stubble 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

It's also for the beneifit of the media. Non-JW's are often astounded when they hear of the harshness of disfellowshipping, I'm betting that the WT will respond by saying that they do all they can to help the DF'd ones to return and quote this booklet.

I suggest quoting their own literature back at them, in particular their misuse of the parable of the prodigal son. They conveniently forget that it was the father himself who ran out to meet the returning son before he'd even arrived at the family home, not the father waiting until the son had had prostrated himself and then waited a year for re-admission.

• done4good
    done4good

It's also for the beneifit of the media. Non-JW's are often astounded when they hear of the harshness of disfellowshipping, I'm betting that the WT will respond by saying that they do all they can to help the DF'd ones to return and quote this booklet.

I would agree that this has much to do with it also. They organization is taking heat in the media these days for both their child abuse issues, (primarily), and secondly for their shunning policies. Even through it is nothing more than a re-hash of a 2008 article, the fact they feel the need to address it again, fits the context of an organization that is trying to save their image.

d4g

• cappytan
    cappytan
    This is nothing but a rewrite of the Nov. 15, 2008 study article "Help Them Return Without Delay!"
    Nothing new. Same headings.

It makes one wonder if this is one of those "false stories" started in Social Media. I have yet to see any screenshots of this brochure that supposedly showed up on the JW Library app. All I've seen were the title of the brochure and the table of contents - all typed out, no actual screenshot.

This could very well be another "Basic Pioneer" style rumor.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It could be true. Remember the fabulous "Special Talk" entitled "Is it later than you think?", that was rolled out a couple of years ago? That was a recycled spiritual dinner...yummy....😒

DD

• sir82
    sir82

This is nothing but a rewrite of the Nov. 15, 2008 study article "Help Them Return Without Delay!"
    Nothing new. Same headings.

Good lord. Now they can't even be arsed to write new stuff for the convention releases.

Really? Can they get any lazier?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What if, in fact, the problem is with joke-hova? I personally would much rather be with Satan, and I do not appreciate joke-hova getting in my way of being accepted by Satan and the Demons. Not to mention, why would I want to be enslaved? And besides, I think they are more likely to force me back rather than entice me (which would do nothing).

Either way, I do not value being enslaved--why else do they think I am stashing as much silver as I can get my hands on? If I do not want to be enslaved to a big company for piddling amounts of silver when the dollar becomes toilet paper, why would I want to be enslaved by a religion and not even get the piddling amount of silver?

2. Anxiety - Hard Pressed in every way
    3. Hurt Feelings - When we have a cause for complaint
    4. Guilt - Cleanse me from my sin

They want to transmit the idea that DF and inactives are coping with anxiety, hurt feelings and guilt. Let's distinguish 4 groups:

1. Uber-JW: "Hallelujah!"
    2. Weak JW: "A warning from Jehovah that I should not leave his organization, being DF/inactive sounds awful."
    3. Still believing DF and inactives: "Jehovah and his lovingly organization really want me back..."
    4. Awakened DF and inactives: "Bullshit! We areHappy"

Since the GB isn't interested in the last group, there technique is brilliant and exactly focused at their target groups.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I can see this being used against all those who have figured out how to live in the loophole. Not being a witness, not being DF'd. I am sure they hate it and I am sure they read these apostate sites themselves and have a feel for whats going on. So to Joe publisher who has a friend/family who recently seems content to fade away, this will appear to them to be "food at the proper time". Oh isn't god great how he gives a crap about just me! And they will start to exert pressure. Because the more of us that are faded, the more inside are affected. So there is no overt mystery to us why this is coming out, but to the insiders they are going to see it as a miracle I am sure, even though its as simple as the Watchtower looking at their statistics and seeing that people are fading and don't give as big a crap.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

They make an "appearance" they care for people...children, couples, elderly, the sick...and now the faded.

It's easy to print an article/brochure or make a cartoon telling their readers how much they love and care for others but the truth lies in the actions.

The whole world is seeing how little the WTBS cares and fining them handsomely for it.

• freein2004
    freein2004
    Now I'm wondering if there will be a change. Will this be new light? Will they ease up on their shunning? I think they have to eventually . There is just too much bad press about them now. I really think something has gotta give! Could this be it???? Probably not. But entirely possible. Everything they do is self serving. Could this be a change to make themselves look better?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit