DC2015 New Release: Brochure "Return to Jehovah" for those who faded/left

by Designer Stubble 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hybridous
    hybridous

I'm surprised that the WT would even address the subject at all.

To me, it seems a sub-optimal course of action to even bring ex-JWs up as a topic of discussion. I figured that WT is most comfortable treating us as dead, and hoping that the faithful inside, think of US as little as possible....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I had thoughts that perhaps the negative publicity about DFing was making them re-think the policy, but the April 15, 2015 WT would suggest otherwise. (PG 29 - "Why DFing is a Loving Provision")

I think they are softening their public rhetoric on shunning (officially in print), but I don't see the policy really changing. It's their #1 method of "Information Control". Cults need control.

Doc

• flipper
    flipper

Yeah, I think this is a desperate PR move to not only APPEAR ( remember everything's about appearance to WT leaders ) to be trying to retrieve the " lost sheep " but it gives the illusion to active JW's that the GB really cares about the inactive ones.

On a more realistic note as some mention on this thread- GB knows lots of JW's ARE exiting so they want to stem the tide by coming out with a re-hashed information brochure to desperately try to prevent inactive ones from exiting . WT leaders are having a hard time dealing with the PR of Candace Conti's comments that ex-JW's are considered " walking dead " - so they have to do something here to give the impression they are " concerned " about exiting JW's. My 2 cents

• steve2
    steve2

Sadly - - I fall into the really-really-really-wicked-beyond-hope-you're-so-disgusting-you-make-my-cat-vomit-you despicable-apostate-lowest-of-the-low-horrid-excuse-for-a-human-being-the-world-would-be-better-off-without-you category.

Even so, I excitedly searched the overview of the contents of this brochure and - no surprises - there's no chapter reaching out for me. Excuse me whilst a shed a quiet and dignified tear.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

These guys that make up the Governing Body are truly clueless arn't they I in their vocabulary return to Jehovah means the same thing as returning to their bull shit teaching and become subservient to their corporate interest.

Somebody needs to slap them upside the head with dildo till unconscious for Christ's sake! They are so full of their own bull shit, what a bunch of clueless CEOs running the show, kinda gotta expect it from a bunch higher education haters. This organization is doomed with these clowns at the wheel of Jehovah's chariot, I see big crashes up ahead and these guys don't even know where the breaks are, they just hopped in the seat and are putting the pedal to the metal.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It would be written specifically for those faded or DA/DF.

Great, now someone might just try to reactivate me. NAH!!!!!! It's like others have said- appearances only.

The C.O. said they were to "snatch me out of the fire." They didn't try for more than one effort to get me back. They won't try now either.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Another mean to keep their flock busy, reassuring them that they are on the right side to be saved in due time, giving them one more opportunity to have a condescending look towards the "demented" ones who left the WT's American cult !!

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Bump Bump
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Jehovah says:

Return to me or I'll kill you.

I love you but I'll kill you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    How can someone return to something that doesn't exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit