Two Door-Knockers were just here...

by Jim_TX 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My wife got home a bout thirty minutes ago, and pointed out two fellas walking through the mobile home park. She asked me, "Have they been to our door yet?"

I said, "Naw... Mormons."

She replied, "Uh-huh. They were at my mom's door a while ago."

We forgot about them and got into doing other things (me soldering on my new LED boards...)

A few minutes later, 'knock knock' on the door. I went and answered it, and sure enough, the two young fellas were there. Is it my imagination, or do they have that fixed grin and glassy-eyed look?

Anyway, they gave me their opening line - something about sharing with me some sort of 'good news'. (Very similar to JWs...)

I told them something like "Ya know fellas, it's a really nice day to be outside walking around, isn't it?" They nodded in agreement.

Of course, I ain't good at 'witnessing' to religious folks - so I kinda told them that I used to belong to a religion... one that taught the 'truth' - pretty much like these folks were teaching.

I told them that the world was more than black and white - god and devil, angels and demons - like they were teaching. The world - and life were color. All shades of color, too.

They tried to talk to me some more about their beliefs... don't remember now exactly...

I told them that I would 'hope' for them - I wouldn't 'pray' - as I don't do that anymore - but I would 'hope' for them that they would wake up - and realize that there is more to life than what their religion teaches them.

They tried to assure me that they WERE happy - etc.

I think I then mentioned Jim Jones... and how his followers were TOLD what to believe... very similar to Jehovah's Witnesses - and Mormons.

I basically wished them a good day - and my hope that they don't spend their entire lives believing what their religion was telling them to.

Like I said initially in this post... I ain't that good at 'witnessing' to folks... I don't think I ever wuz - even as a JW.

I really DO hope that they 'wake up' and don't spend their entire lives pushing that stuff. Of course... some folks NEED to have some sort of 'god' belief system in their lives. To each their own.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

when i was a jw i remember witnessing to mormons... it was in a way the same and there devotion was strong but the one thing i didn't like was (at least the ones i was talking to) they said they would have to ask ther "leaders" what they thought about questions I had for them? I just wanted to know what THEY thougt? anyway they are another cult I wonder if they have a suport group for ex-mormons?

• xbro
    xbro

yep its called: moremormons.com

• moshe
    moshe

Jim, if they were Mormons, you missed a good opportunity to help those boys out. Mormons love to help out folks in need. A neighbor of mine where I used to live got all her leaves raked and bagged up by some Mormon gilrs and they felt so good about doing some charitable work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit