told my brother yesterday i have not been to the KH in a year

by Found Sheep 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

he wanted to hang up right away because I wanted to tell him WHY!!! his boys needed to go to bed RIGHT NOW GOT TO GO - it was 7:30

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm curious....what's your next move? I'm assuming he is still a JW. What is his level of devotion? Any other family that you will tell?

Think About It

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

They don't want to hear it do they ?

My Brother called me after we had been inactive awhile ,and he started off right away with "How can you not believe in God any more ?" I asked him how could he know what I do or don't believe since I have never discussed anything with him before ? Then he just said "I don't want to hear any of your Apostate reasons !" wow made me feel so loved

There is just no having a normal sharing of ideas or open discussion with witness relatives ,at least in my family . They just make up their own minds before hearing any of the facts .

• sacolton
    sacolton

Let the shunning begin. *sigh*

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i pray to god that the man behind the curtain will be exposed soon and families can be reunited.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't know what todo next? to be honest i for some reason thought I could at least tell my side of the story.... I'm not bitter and not some wicked soul!! the shunning was started in the area i am in but i guess it got to my brother!!! he is the only JW family in. Him his wife and kids.... extreamly IN

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I asked him how could he know what I do or don't believe since I have never discussed anything with him before ? Then he just said "I don't want to hear any of your Apostate reasons !"

This is the part that is so hurtful. As a family member, you long to share your inner beliefs and feelings with those that should want to know what you are all about, and why you feel the way you do.

You want them to know who you are and what you believe whether they accept it or not. You just want them to care enough to want to KNOW the inner you and what concerns you and drives you. They're FAMILY! You just want to be who you are.

They can share with you all day long what THEY think, believe, and care about....but let YOU begin telling them about who YOU are and they shut you down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6pvm9Dcjzo

• shamus100
    shamus100

Now you can see the love clearly evident from the cult. Instead of wanting to help you, he shuns you.

You're better off without him. It's easy for people to throw out what they would do without actually being in your shoes, but I'd never talk to him again. End the control on his end.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

even when i was in - i remember listening to those that wanted to talk about why they didn't go... well,,,, baybe that is why i am out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit