interview in Portland Mercury re: growing up a teenage jw

by mutinyinheaven 4 Replies latest jw friends

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/2010/02/17/an-interview-with-jesus-jerks-tony-dushane

it's regarding my novel, confessions of a teenage jesus jerk, which has been getting a lot of great press and more reviews and interviews are on their way....check out the link below.

what was funny about this interview is the illustrations the interviewer chose to use in the piece.....grabbed right from the wtbts. i only talked to him on a phone call, but i have a feeling he's letting on a little more than i thought regarding his knowledge of jws.

i'll write more about the press, tour and fun stuff later.

-tony

Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk
    Soft Skull Press

• leavingwt
  • huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

Tony,

I am a few pages from being done with your book.

IT IS FANTASTIC! I could relate to so much of the story. Especially the kid discovering hip worldly stuff, the struggle to express himself and the leash of obligation to the witness lifestyle pulling him back in.

I hope you're hitting Portland on your tour, I'd love to meet ya'!

I'm off to pick up a Mercury.

Great job, great book!

H

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

portland has been very supportive. unfortunately i'm not making up that way as of yet...but will try before the end of the year.

this interview is online only, i believe....but definitely let me know if it hit print version. the book review was in the print paper last week. if you happen to get a hold of that, could you mail me the page:

Tony DuShane
    PO Box 410514
    San Francisco, CA 94141

also, i'm taping for the PRI show, To The Best Of Our Knowledge on tuesday, but not sure when it will air.

If you're in San Francisco or Los Angeles, check www.jesusjerk.com and events for appearances.

Glad you're digging the book. The feedback from ex-jws and those who have never been affiliated is quite interesting. It took four years from writing to book deal to publishing, so the hard work feels like a validation for the crap we had to grow up with.

thanks,

tony

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

Finished it today, excellent work.

I'll check the Mercury and if it's in print, I'll send you a copy.

Take care,

H.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit