You can't have the donation if you don't take the WT pamphlet....

by OverUnder 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• OverUnder
    OverUnder

Today I saw something interesting, and eye opening. A street lady(atleast I think she was) came in today to the store and asked for $2 for gas, with some sob story about a relative being dead and having to get somewhere but not having enough gas for her vehicle (an old lady)....coughing like she's smoked cigs her whole life.

A witness working at the store paused and got up to give her $2, but before giving, reached for one of the new WT material pamphlets. As she started handing the lady the money, she also reached out with the material, but the lady said "I don't need that" 2 times, but the witness insisted. The lady grabbed the $2 and started out the door. The witness said, "then you don't need the $2", and said to "give it back if you don't want to take the pamphlet".

• moshe
    moshe

I had someone tellsomething like that to me last year, mine was for gas money to go to a dead brother's funeral- I told them I had an adopted daughter from Russia and anything I gave them was taking college money away from her. I asked him if he smoked, "yes", I then told him his $50 week smoking habit would have paid for a lot of gasoline over the past year. Not what he wanted to hear. Panhandlers really think they are working, when they work the public to get handouts. I dobut the WT pamplet would do any good.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

That panhandlers begging for $2 was smarter than most of us here! :-)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That was rude. I hope she took every single one of the wastes of paper and destroyed every single one of them without reading them.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I'd take it. They make good fire starter.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Does the boss not mind her placing WT Lit with potential customers in his place, on his time ????

• sir82
    sir82

Well that's one way to get your placements up for the monthly report - pay people to take the lit off your hands....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Today I saw something interesting, and eye opening. A street lady(atleast I think she was) came in today to the store and asked for $2 for gas,

A street lady with a "CAR".....Needs $2.00 for Gas.....????????????????

LOL!!..

I can`t imagine a Street Lady owning a car.....Where would you go on $2.00 worth of gas?..Up the street?..

LOL!!

with some sob story about a relative being dead and having to get somewhere but not having enough gas for her vehicle (an old lady)....coughing like she's smoked cigs her whole life.

A witness working at the store paused and got up to give her $2, but before giving, reached for one of the new WT material pamphlets. As she started handing the lady the money, she also reached out with the material, but the lady said "I don't need that" 2 times, but the witness insisted. The lady grabbed the $2 and started out the door. The witness said, "then you don't need the $2", and said to "give it back if you don't want to take the pamphlet".

A Jehovah`s Witness(Who are notoriosly cheap and usually won`t even leave tips in restaurants,refuse to donate to charitys)offers the lady $2.00..

Plus WBT$ literature..

???????????????????????????????????

LOL!!..

JW`s now offer ca$h to people who take thier WBT$ Literature..

What does`nt seem right about this story?..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit