untitled

by dgp 0 Replies latest social family

• dgp
    dgp

In another thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/family/189023/1/Interfaith-marraiges-and-children), Balsam wrote this:

...challenging her concepts, especially challenging the words like "Unbeliever", or "Worldly Person", you need to point out to your wife those are words used to try and put a division between JW's and other Christians or people of other faiths...

I know that Jehovah's witnesses are told not to befriend (much less marry) people of different religious faiths, or no religious faiths at all. But the people in the WTS can but realize that not everyone outside is bad, and not everyone inside is good. I wonder what it feels like to be unable to relate to good people, people you might like and work with all the time, and on the contrary have to hold that a bad person who also happens to be a witness is "better association".

In my mind, anything whose final effect is dividing people and making them unable to love their neighbors is plainly wrong. I would appreciate your comments on this.

Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit