Have you noticed ? the GB's purposeful Tone while speaking??

by freewilly01 9 Replies latest jw friends

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

After being absent for years from the BorgOrg I really noticed the purposeful fake tone of the voices of the GB. I was just surfing cults and cult leaders and found an interesting link with the GB and Cult Leaders...... in The Satirist:

The article was:

" The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Cult Leaders" these highlights of the habits really caught my attention:

Humility:

You must maintain the perception of the meekest, kindest, godliest person in the flock.

Personal appearance must be polished

Speaking:

Adopt a soft soothing speaking voice as you have already discovered the great truths from beyond.

Infallible Prounouncements

You are selling peace tranquility a dropping out from the World.

Def some interesting similarities .... Hope the next step isn't to serve KOOLAID at the Summer Assemblies!

• SallySue
    SallySue

If they did, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

I also noticed the creepy way the GB and other freaks in bethel talked. "Geeeeehoooooooeevahhh!!" Gosh were they weird!

As for the KoolAid, the JDubs would have to bring their own to the convention in a big cooler. They will then have to stand in line to get their packet of cyanide after the discourse, with the option of dropping a donation in the tall cardboard donation box.

• freddo
    freddo

Very funny RebeccaChi! As long as they don't bring it in a glass container eh?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have noticed that tone and do agree that it is somewhat weird. I think they make sure they do it because they think it makes them sound more 'lordly'.

Get real. Will ya.

• wobble
    wobble

I put it on a par with the tone used by the preacher Guy in the "Simpsons" just as laughable , downright silly in fact.

What is even funnier is when other Dubs, usually wannabe C.O's try to copy it !

Here in the U.K it sounds SO false , as a truly foreign accent must be used, (from a country that doesn't exist, LA LA land)

Boy it makes you want to weep, and yet DumbDubs lap it up !

Love

Wobble

• freewilly01
    freewilly01

Ha too funny guys! Just to think we used to lap it up well sort of kind of? Did we really? ahhh hard to believe we were ever in that state of mind, what were we thinking?

They are such evil manipulators, influencing weak people to risk their lives and their childrens because of some stupid belief system they have adopted, working on people to cause guilt, the oldest trick in the book............. one step lower than snake oil salesmen!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

nope

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    "Geeeeehoooooooeevahhh!!"

So funny RebeccaChi!

It's like the television evangelical preachers. What would they be if they spoke like normal people, without resorting to "Theee LLoorrrrRRRrrd JeEEeeZziz Christ".

The whole "Jehovah's name" thing is actually a bit creepy. Superstitious really. I've banished superstition from my life and now I feel free. It feels good.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Maybe a stint on the Gerry Springer show would draw them out of their shell abit; and show us their human side

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit