miracles...

by quietlyleaving 2 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

we've just got back from spending a week overseas. We always hire a car in this particular place and every single time we've visited this area we have a minor accident. No exception this time. The very first day we backed into a garden wall .

Another sad thing for me was when my grand-daughter (just turned 4) was relating her experiences at school during the christmas season. Of course she refused to draw any Christmas pictures. She says she prayed to Jehovah to help her not feel left out but he didn't answer her prayer. She looked so forlorn and confused when she said this. But she is a resilient youngester and hopefully she will find some way to deal with this just as you all have.

The miraculous thing that was the highlight of the entire week was that we witnessed the birth of a baby goat. We were driving down a narrow country lane and all of a sudden there were goats everywhere. Then we noticed a farmer standing over a goat giving birth in the middle of the field. Mother and baby stood up immediately after the birth and the beaming farmer happily collected his flock together. All of us including my grand-daughter were delighted.

• wobble
    wobble

"The birth of another goat" is that an expression Dubs use when someone joins this site ?

I can remember the times we showed our children the birth of animals, we live in a rural area, on one occasion my son,then about two yrs. old, watched fascinated as a cow gave birth, I said the usual twaddle, including "What shall we call the new calf ?"

He replied "Crisp" , I don't know what was in his mind, but I thought to myself, "Yes, that calf could quite well end up a beef flavoured crisp !"

Love

Wobble

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

wobble, we'd just had a meal of farm animals

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit