If power corrupts....

by Miss Chievous 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Miss Chievous
    Miss Chievous

We all know the phrase about the corrupting nature of power. If humans are so corruptible does this point to a need for God who is above corruption to lead us? Or is God already corrupted because he is almighty in power? The angels were not above being corrupted but is God different?

Miss C

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Good question. As far as the angels go, one would first have to assume that the Genesis account really happened. That is a big assumtion for me. But assuming you accept Genesis, you probably accept the rest of the Bible also. In that case you should believe in the God of love, justice, wisdom and power. These qualities would keep him from being corrupt. Again for me, it is hard to believe the Bible that has an almighty God who was involved in the every day details from creation to the death of his son, and beyond. Then, all of the sudden he is gone, uninterested, not concerned for thousands of years of human history. Why the change? Why now, when he sees injustice, wrongdoing going on does he not step in and correct matters like he did before? God doesn't change? If you believe the God of the Bible, he has changed drastically from the old testiment.

So I guess my answer is; what you believe about the Bible and the God described in it determines what type of personality God has. Maybe he was corrupt from the start by demanding exclusive devotion? I don't much believe in a God anymore, so my views will vary greatly from yours.

Just my point of view, I am not pushing it on others and I am not putting down anyone else's beliefs. My advice to you would be to read, research, then form your own opinion if you feel comfortable with it. If you don't feel comfortable with your conclusions, read and research some more. It can be a long journey, I wish you well on it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We are made in his image.....thats why we are all a bunch of mean, selfish, powerhungry, jackasses.

• wobble
    wobble

"God cannot lie", so sayeth the scripture, and I would think any kind of corruption would involve lying, "perfect is His activity" the Bible also says, so corruption would not be part of his works.

That is if you believe, as out at last said.

Love

Wobble

• llbh
    llbh

The phrase is " Power corrupts, but absolute power corrupts absolutely" Now what does that say about God?

David

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Who are you to question me? Release the Kraken!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit