Has the War in Heaven been fought yet?

by wannabe 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

Has the War in Heaven been fought yet?

Those of us who sat in those Kingdom Hall Seats , and listened very closely to what we were being taught, or at least we thought, we were listening, heard that Michael and his Angels fought with the devil and his Angels, and, of course the devil lost the battle and was thrown down to this earth, and when he was, Woe for the earth and for the Sea began, with Nation against Nation and Kingdom against Kingdom, and we just simply ate that up. Because now, at our end of the spectrum we could read the pages of History about those two World Wars, and reading about the number of casualties, who could argue that satan wasn't thrown down in the year 1914? Afterall 100 Million People killed is no small amount, and would certainly constitute Woe for the earth and for the Sea. So, we were convinced of their interpretation of the scripture in Revelation 12:7-9,12 which they zeroed in on to convince us. It's an easy matter though, to quote scripture out of context to convince someone of the truth of any scriptural matter, while failing to take in what the entire context of that scripture is really saying, if taken into consideration changes completely, what they are actually teaching you, and when done so, their teaching becomes a lie, and you are being misled, without even being aware of it. All because, it LOOKS LIKE THE TRUTH! Sometimes, as in this instance, Looks can be very deceiving. Why do I say that?

Let me put it this way! Was I to say to you, that the War in heaven had not been fought in 1914, that satan and his demons were not thrown down in that year, that the trouble that began in that year was not the result of satan being thrown down, was not the Woe for the earth and for the Sea predicted in Johns Revelation, as a result of his being thrown down. How would all of that strike you, after being thoroughly convinced that he was thrown down in that year? Ask yourself a question now, in all seriousness. Have you ever personally sat down and read that scripture about satan being thrown down IN CONTEXT? What do you think will happen when you do that, if you do that? Do you think it's possible you might just change your mind, and admit, you've been sold a Bill of goods? You've been led down the Garden Path, as it were? Or do you believe that it is impossible to mislead you, perhaps?

As a teacher, it would be an easy matter to focus attention on the following two scriptures, to prove a point I was trying to make to someone less experienced than myself; which is what the Governing Body does, has done, will probably continue to do. They couldn't change oars in midst stream now, it would destroy them to do so, and they would know that. Okay! Let me convince you with the following two verses:

7 "Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. 8 And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. 9 This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels.

12 "Therefore, rejoice, O heavens!
    And you who live in the heavens, rejoice!
    But terror will come on the earth and the sea,
    for the devil has come down to you in great anger,
    knowing that he has little time."{Revelation 12:12 NLT}

Okay! Someone with little scriptural training, would gobble that up, as so many have already. It's clear! It says it straight out. satan is down with great anger. It says, Terror will come on earth. Has actually come! Now! The question is: "Is he really? I say NO! He isn't! I can by reading this scripture IN CONTEXT prove that, that, War has not been fought as yet! The devil has not been thrown down! The Woe associated with his presence on earth has not even begun as yet. Now my for my proof:

7 "Then there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels. 8 And the dragon lost the battle, and he and his angels were forced out of heaven. 9 This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels.

10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,

"It has come at last—
    salvation and power
    and the Kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Christ.

For the accuser of our brothers and sisters
    has been thrown down to earth—
    the one who accuses them
    before our God day and night.
    11 And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb
    and by their testimony.
    And they did not love their lives so much
    that they were afraid to die.
    12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens!
    And you who live in the heavens, rejoice!
    But terror will come on the earth and the sea,for the devil has come down to you in great anger,
    knowing that he has little time."

13 When the dragon realized that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child." {Revelation 12:7-13 NLT}

It might pay to look at, the signifcant event, that marked 1914, as the beginning of birth pangs of the Kingdom, as mentioned by Jesus:

8 "But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come."{Matthew 24:8 NLT} John now deals with this major event:

1 "Then I witnessed in heaven an event of great significance. I saw a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant, and she cried out because of her labor pains and the agony of giving birth." {Revelation 12:1,2 NLT}

Ever since 1914 Jehovah's Heavenly Woman has been going through these birth pangs, or labor pains. It has been a long prolonged period of grief and mourning for this earth, but will end when this Heavenly Woman finally gives birth. Notice verse 13 we are told she has finally given Birth. The Kingdom reigns! Verse 10 tells us it has come at last. The Christ is given authority! Michael throws satan to this earth. Then terror will come on the earth and on the Sea. These are the last days for this World. "Woe for the earth and for the sea because the devil has come down to you having great anger." Did we pick up on this information? That War in heaven will not be fought until the Christ atually takes Kingdom Power. It will be when that does occur, satan will be thrown down to this earth; and Woe for this earth will begin. Matthew 24:7 will see fulfillment at that time, and Nation will rise against Nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom, and Jeremiah's Prophecy concerning the end will occur, as well as Ezekiels, and all Particular Hell will break out all over this Planet; cut short by massive divine intervention. Beginning with the Words of Jerermiah, and in harmony with Matthew 24:7 we read:

32 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Look! Disaster is spreading from nation to nation; a mighty storm is rising from the ends of the earth."33 At that time those slain by the LORD will be everywhere—from one end of the earth to the other. They will not be mourned or gathered up or buried, but will be like refuse lying on the ground."{Jeremiah 25:32,33 NIV} Now Ezekiels words on this:

14 "Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15 You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. 16 You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.

17 " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Are you not the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel? At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. 18 This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD. 19 In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. 23 And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'{Ezekiel 38: 14-23NIV} Now, the real Woe comes in:

13"As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"{Revelation 8:13 NIV}

No! Jehovah's Heavenly Woman has not given birth yet! No! God's Kingdom is not here yet! No! The Christ does not have his authority as king yet! No! The War in Heaven has not been fought yet! Nation against Nation has not been fulfilled yet! No! The Woe for the earth and for the Sea has not begun yet! But remember the words of that famous comedian, Jimmy Durante. You remember the guy with the fedora all bent out of shape, and the big hooked nose? Who used to say, in that gravel type voice of his: "Brudder you aint seen nuttin yet!" Good idea to buckle up Children, the ride is going to get extremely rough! Wannabe

• shamus100
    shamus100

Reading your post makes me really glad.

Really glad knowing what I'm missing in the watchtower study tomorrow. My congrats, you write just like a dub.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, if there's anything to "as above, so below", I'd say we're right in the middle of a cosmic shitstorm.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I read where one fellow was promoting the Tunguska 1908 event in Siberia as being when Satan was cast down to the earth.

• agonus
    agonus

I remember that too.

The Tunguska event defies all reason, however...

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Afterall 100 Million People killed is no small amount

That's a bogus number. It was more like 16 million deaths and 21 million wounded.

Even if it wasn't a bogus number, far more people werel killed by the Spanish Flu than all the deaths in WWI.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit