No work but volunteer at the hall?

by Champion 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Champion
    Champion

So my brother who is in construction(home improvement) has no work. My "elder" dad says he and a few other "brothers" were working on the kingdumb hall. I said that's good at least they are making a little money. My dad says oh no it's volunteer. I say that is ridiculous they would have to pay someone anyway why not throw the guys something even $50 bucks. "Oh no that's not how JW's are it is strictly volunteer". I say my church has a fund that helps people who need it and it is just given. Then the conversations ends as usual.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses do this all the time. They expect people to pio-sneer while they are out of work, too--which, to me, is a complete waste of time that should be used to find another job. At that, one that doesn't necessarily allow them to pio-sneer or attend all the boasting sessions but will allow them reasonable fulfillment and decent wages.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I knew a pioneer elder who had several kids...wife didnt work (or did janitorial PT..but had health problems, so very PT)...he did some janitorial and drove for Domino's....

...so far so good.....

..except they were taking money from welfare.,....because they had all these kids, they could. Now, he was quite capable of working hard...had at one time ..... but instead...moved his family from one rural town to another in Illinois.... pioneering where the "need was great".....

,....that I have a problem with. I have no issue with someone collecting government payments....if they deserve them...not because they choose to put themselves,...and worse...their families...into financial danger all because they want to serve Jehovah a Book Publishing Corporation

I almost did it...after MTS...the Society wanted me to live in the middle of nowhere Kansas..... no job...no benefits...nothing.... I declined...but caused myself career problems anyway by taking a job 75 miles each way to assist a congregation...that lasted 4 months...then I gave up MTS assignments and started looking for real jobs again....

The Society took advantage of literally thousands of my hours doing manual labor at quick builds and the local assembly hall....when I should have been going back to school and getting a real job...and investing in my retirement...instead...I have nothing in savings....no retirement...and dont expect social security to be there when I need it...

thank you Watchtower....dumb ass mo' fo's.

Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit