untitled

by leo999 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leo999
    leo999

Hi ,

I always have felt that the meetings at the KH lacked any spirit , were more like an academic exercises , with boring speakers lacking any enthusiam . There seemed to never be any Holy spirit flowing or if there was , it bypassed me !!

Coming out now from this , I have to admit being a little scared by some of the services I have only heard about , where they say the holy spirit is poured out , as it is sooo different to what we have been used to .

So I guess what i'm trying to ask is , have any of you ever had an ' experience ' or received the holy spirit , and you knew for sure it was that , and can you share how you knew and what it felt like ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have been to one of those services. It was very uncomfortable for me. You need to stay away from that stuff. They are just as deluded as JWs. Out of the frying pan, into the fire, if you know what I mean. Too many people rush out of a bad marriage/religion and straight into another that is not much better.

Take some time out. Leave religion alone for a while. If the WT's old Jobiejoe was going to drag his sorry arse out of bed and kill us bad guys, he would have done it long before now.

Have a read of some of the recent threads by Terry for a view of Christianity that you may not have considered before now.

When I finally realised that the WT didn't have the Truth, it took me a while to realise that I had to throw out everything that they had taught me, and not cherrypick the bits I wanted to hang onto. Everything was suspect, including their assertion that the Bible was the word of God. I had to start over with all of my past indoctrination in the trash bin.

Cheers, and welcome to the forum.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit