Okkkkk...you MESS with my kids and you MESS WITH ME JWs!!!

by WuzLovesDubs 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sacolton
    sacolton

His house. His rules.

• sinis
    sinis

Wow, we have a lot of sexually repressed people here, living with pre-colonial morals... :)

• Mary
    Mary

Alot of parents/grandparents do not feel comfortable with having unmarried people sleeping in the same bed under their roof, especially their grandchildren. While it might partly be a Dub thing, it's also a generation thing. How old are your in-laws? Maybe in their 60s? That means that they grew up with the moralistic view that sex before marriage was wrong and they're not going to change now.

My parents would not let my one sister sleep with her boyfriend under their roof and I told her she needed to respect their beliefs. It wasn't that they were trying to be difficult, but they were from a generation where you simply did not do that. Not everyone approves of people living together without being married although I think it's somewhat over the top that he won't let them stay there even in seperate bedrooms.

I agree with the suggestion that maybe they can meet her grandmother at a coffee shop or something. Any chance the boyfriend can stay at a hotel?

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

No comment on the elder stuff but............

She's 19 hes 20, they sleep in the same bed and are virgins??? ROFLMAO

Who do you think you're kidding?

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't have that kind of restraint. I'd hit that on the first night.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

So did he

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Troll?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

You expected anything other than this from a JW elder? I think you are the one that needs a reality check if you really thought a JW would have any of this.

HappyDad

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Even though they share a room and a bed, they are both still virgins and even though no one believes that...I do.

Please tell us you're joking!

It's going to be very hard to take anything you say seriously otherwise.

• nelly136
    nelly136

as a jw it used to irritate the feck out of me that everything you do was presumed dirty or sin and that if you were in a position of temptation you would automatically give in to it.

i dont think it goes beyond the realms of possible that people and yup even teens can share bed space without having to have sex.

and then theres the 'lie to cover up factor' if your kids are afraid to tell you things in case of a bad reaction then they will sneak about hoping you wont find out.

if you remove those barriers so your kids can tell you personal stuff then theyve no need to sneak off and do.

these teens may come down one morning and say theyve changed their mind and done the deed, but i doubt mum would swing from the lampshades about it so i also doubt they have the need to lie about whether they have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit