Who are they trying to Convince?

by Frank75 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Frank75
    Frank75

Recently the father of one of my old JW friend's father, who was a Holocaust survivor, died.....he was a devout JW but hated the bethel hierarchy and the pharisism in the Watchtower, openly disagreed with published positions and defied the eldership.

He once lamented to me that the people who wanted his information and memorabilia from the Nazi concentration camp "are apostate makers, teaching people to hate Jehober and his organ....ization".....and "I will never get the stuff back"

Anyway, you all know how JW funerals work. They usually take weeks in order to schedule and drum up enough support to make it "an occasion".

Although not always the case, the funeral is more or less an infomercial where the JW's use the time to further indoctrinate their unique beliefs. (I have been to 2 funerals where they actually celebrated the persons life)

Anyway, here is an example of the obit'y.....who are they trying to convince of this stuff?

******* January 18, 1920 - December 12, 2009 Longtime faithful Witness of Jehovah. A Holocaust survivor who stood firm for Christian principles of neutrality, love of God and neighbour. Refused to serve Hitler's war machine. Had the assured hope of resurrection to perfect life in Paradise on earth (John 5:28,29). Predeceased by his wife *****. Lovingly remembered by daughters *******, *****, *****, son ******, 6 grandchildren, numerous relatives in Austria, dear friends in Canada, USA, Europe and around the world. Memorial Service at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, ******** Saturday, December 26 at 3 p.m

Give me strength...it feels like the foot is in the door so they can get it all out

Frank75

• sir82
    sir82
    Refused to serve Hitler's war machine.

Hmm, now why have I never seen "Refused to serve Roosevelt's war machine" in obits of Americans of that same generation who have died?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

They are experts at blowing their own horn. Shameless.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Getting locked up is a big event in their lives. It validates their belief in their cult leaders.

My father talks about it at every opportunity. He is a continous informercial himself.

I would be quite happy for someone to publish an obit like that for him. It would be a reflection of his life.

The old goat has invested so much into this foolishness that he could never admit that he was wrong, especially to me.

• Frank75
    Frank75

Adding the line "assured hope" makes it a certainty some how?

"My hope is beeter than yours because mine is assured"

More like tapping your ruby red slippers together 3 times saying "there is no place like the paradise, no place like.........."

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit