Superbowl Party and the Generation

by treadnh2o 3 Replies latest jw friends

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I am going to a Superbowl Party with four generations of my family in attendance.

The oldest member (my grandmother) was not yet alive in 1914. The youngest is a week old.

I am so temted to make a big deal of how ridiculous the WBTS is when it claim that my grandmothers mother, who nobody there has ever met, is of the same generation as the newborn. If they have not read the April WT they would all argue against this and I would be accused of indulging in too much alcohol.

If they know this came from the GB, they would 100% agree and argue the merit of this.

This situation is so accurate I am sure many of you can imagine sitting in the room listening to the two scenarios.

Seriously, how can so many people be blinded by this cult?

• zoiks
    zoiks

It's pretty ridiculous, of course. What the GB says is Truth, when they say it. If something is true before they say it or after they abandon it, it still isn't Truth. And if it is false when they say it, then it is Truth. Truth Truth Truth.

Hey, speaking of the Super Bowl, do you think that anyone in Jehovah's Clean Organization should be watching it? After all, there will probably be nachos, wings, chili - all very messy foods. Unless maybe you can have fractions of those foods. So, maybe if you eat the wings and bbq sauce separately, or the chips, cheese, and salsa....sorry for the tangent, it just came to me

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The beer and the hot wings are honest though

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

NFL = Not For Losch !!

It's a violent sport that nodubby should watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit