Erased articles from the 1950-2008 WT Library?????

by EndofMysteries 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I have to fire up my old computer, but I think I found evidence of erasing articles. If anybody has the 2003 WT Library, can you check 6/15/50 WT for articles very heavy on the faithful slave? The 2008 CD has none for that (unless I got the date mixed up) If it is that way, (and many JW's prob have the 2003 CD) will be wondering why they are erasing articles about the faithful slave :)

• shamus100
    shamus100

I can tell you that they have been editing a lot.

• TD
    TD

EOM,

Is an entire article missing?

I've compared the 01 to the 08 libraries for the issue you mention and don't see a difference. I could install the 03 library on a test machine or pull the bound volume from the attic and check that too I guess, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They issued a disclaimer to the flock a few years back stating that publications etc would not necessarily be the same as when in print and that not necessarily would all publications be included in each one. I doubt many publishers realize this though

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I did a search for "faithful and discreet slave" on both the 2003 and 2008 CD-ROMs. The hits for 1950 matched. I think you may have misremembered the date. There were more hits for other years in the 1950s. Try those.

• villabolo
    villabolo

EndofMysteries: ". . . why they are erasing articles about the faithful slave :)"

If they are erasing articles about the "The Faithful Slave" it's because they don't want apostates to use it against them. They had some pretty nasty articles back then, compared to the present day, that made it obvious how authoritarian they were. Rutherfords articles about the organization were even worse.

TD:

Is an entire article missing?

I've compared the 01 to the 08 libraries for the issue you mention and don't see a difference. I could install the 03 library on a test machine or pull the bound volume from the attic and check that too I guess, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for

Just a hint, I recall an article in the 1950s referring to the organization as "Mother". You may want to look under "mother" and see if that article's been purged.

villabolo

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

*** w50 10/1 p. 346 par. 15 The Way of Success ***
    15 A person who thinks he can get along without God’s organization and can study the Bible on his own and can do God’s work independently as he thinks best apart from all organization is very foolish. He lacks all understanding of how God has dealt with his servants in times past. We must not forget that God instructs us through his organization, his woman, our mother. He respects his woman and appreciates the work that she does in behalf of His sons and daughters. So he does not like it when any professed Christian disrespects the “mother” organization. To disrespect her means to disrespect Jesus Christ, for God has made this beloved Son the head of the Theocratic organization. He who robs the organization of the respect due this symbolic mother is working to destroy the organization, not build it up. He is guilty of transgressing against her divine husband, Jehovah our heavenly Father. What you do against her you do against him. “Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.” And the great destroyer is Satan the Devil. (Prov. 28:24) Let us, then, not rob and destroy, but show love and respect for our mother by never forsaking her law and teaching as the Devil did. Let us ever be obedient to her, doing so as to Jehovah, her Husband and Head.

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

From the 2009 CD

A person who thinks he can get along without God’s organization and can study the Bible on his own and can do God’s work independently as he thinks best apart from all organization is very foolish. He lacks all understanding of how God has dealt with his servants in times past. We must not forget that God instructs us through his organization, his woman, our mother. He respects his woman and appreciates the work that she does in behalf of His sons and daughters. So he does not like it when any professed Christian disrespects the “mother” organization. To disrespect her means to disrespect Jesus Christ, for God has made this beloved Son the head of the Theocratic organization. He who robs the organization of the respect due this symbolic mother is working to destroy the organization, not build it up. He is guilty of transgressing against her divine husband, Jehovah our heavenly Father. What you do against her you do against him. “Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.” And the great destroyer is Satan the Devil. (Prov. 28:24) Let us, then, not rob and destroy, but show love and respect for our mother by never forsaking her law and teaching as the Devil did. Let us ever be obedient to her, doing so as to Jehovah, her Husband and Head.
  • villabolo
    villabolo

Thank you for the quote Mythbuster and Imfree.

villabolo

• agonus
    agonus

Take the time to actually read the agreement before you install the library. You'll be gobsmacked, I guarantee. There is a sentence in there that says something to the effect that "WT cannot guarantee that this material is identical to printed material". I'll reinstall it and see if I can get a screenshot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit