Persecution

by Mister Biggs 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Good day to all! PLEASE do not take this as me condoning any kind of persecution or physical violence. I just always had this thought on my mind. All I'm asking for is an understanding.

In the Republic of Georgia, Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as many minority religions there, are being beat-up often. The WTS apparently is trying very hard to have the persecuter's prosecuted. They say they want an end to the beatings. However, isn't persecution (physically or otherwise) to be expected by all those who profess to be Christian? Didn't Jesus say that his follower's would be objects of hatred? In other words, if the Scriptures are true then no matter what anyone tries to do, professed Christian's will never be able to stop persecution. Just like the prophecy of food shortages. No matter how noble one's efforts might be to try to end food shortages, according to the Scriptures, it will always be here (assuming one believes we are living in the last days).

I guess what I'm trying to say/ask (in my own long-winded way) is this: JW's believe they are fulfilling the Scriptures. They believe that these are the last days. Should JW's simply accept these beatings or should they legally fight to have the beatings stopped? If Jesus said that his follower's would be persecuted, then isn't legally fighting off their attacker's the same as trying to unfulfill Jesus prophecy?

Please share what you feel or know about this issue. Thank you all again for allowing me this forum.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

This is one of those things Ive always found curious about the New Religious right in America. Pat Robertson , Jerry Falwell and the like.
    They claim the Bible predicts the rise of an Antichrist political system, yet they constantly strive to prevent this system coming about .
    This appears to be working against Gods purpose.
    I believe they are caught in a mental bind, between their "expectation" and their organizations burgeoning membership.
    I guess thats their convoluted little problem .

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Good point Mr.Biggs,

May I call you Ronald? It is all apart of the W.B.T.Society's "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" which means mobilising all means possible to spread the goodnews. Besides, when it comes to persecution there is enough "internal persecution, testing and sifting" to be endured without outsiders having a go!

unclebruce

• Room 215
    Room 215

Mr. Biggs,

Your point about JWs an persecution is well taken. The situation in Georgia, of course, while deplorable, is one the JWs share with a number of religious movements, so they're hardly being singled out.
    In other instances, this week's WT beinga notable example, they show a sort of delusional paranoia about how JWs everywhere have to brace themselves for an onslaught of hatred, opposition, etc. ...but, no worries, Jehovah will pull them through! In actual fact, most non-JWs attitudes toward the witnesses ranging from a sort of patronizng tolerance to moderate annoyance. In short, hadly the sort of global opprobrium and hatred -- from all quarters -- that Jesus' words suggest.

Another recent example was a KM school conducted last week in these parts, where the elders were told that Congreaton Book Study conductors should now be considered Congregation Book Overseers, their little groups being regarded as semi-autonomous ``cells'' in case the comng persecution causes the Society to splt up amoeba-like.

And all the while, the `world'' which looks upon the movement with bemused detachment, could care less. And being ignored like that drives them nuts.

• Julie
    Julie

:The WTS apparently is trying very hard to have the persecuter's prosecuted.

*gasp* You mean they are turning to the secular system to alleviate their badge of honor (read: persecution)? Isn't this one of their "proofs" that they alone have the truth and are God's chosen people.

This society has as many contradictions as the bible itself. How sad and hypocritical.

Julie

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

unclebruce: LOL..."Can I call you Ronald?"

In all seriousness, thank you all who responded for your feelings on the matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit