C.O. Sunday Talk

by Mister Biggs 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I am sharing some points from the notes I took. For the most part, he brought out some good biblical points. What I'm sharing with you, however, are hard for me to take with a wink and a nod. Please note that these points are taken from my notes the way I heard them. Also, I feel like these are excellent suggestions, but there are plenty of articles in the WT publications that contradict them:
    -Let our speech identify us as being different...as servant's of God.
    -We should not speak disparingly about someone who doesn't share our
    beliefs.
    -Never should we lose the quality of humility and modesty.
    -Never show a superior attitude.
    -Be respectful to others.

So many stupid people, so few comets! :o)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"Never show a superior attitude"

Lets see if they listen to that statement.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

You quoted your CO as saying the following:

“Let our speech identify us as being different...as servant's of God.”

This, of course, is to help make JWs different

“We should not speak disparingly about someone who doesn't share our beliefs.
    Never should we lose the quality of humility and modesty.
    Never show a superior attitude.
    Be respectful to others.”

These remaining bits of advice are good suggestions for Christians, but the CO’s masters do not follow this advice.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Atleast they are consistant...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12165&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12407&site=3

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I remember an incident when a brother (marginal meeting attender at best) finally brought a 'worldly person' acquaintance to the meeting after having tried unsucessfully over a long period of time. So there they were siting with smiles on their faces, just pleased as punch at having dragged someone in and then the visiting speaker begins his talk. He was about fifteen minutes into it when he started poking fun at the Catholics and Baptists. The visitor was a Baptist. The brother and his wife were embarrassed to no end. I do believe that was the last time the brother, his wife, and most certainly the Baptist friend ever came to a meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit