The Final Remark from a JW after 1200 Emails

by maputo95 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maputo95
    maputo95

Hi All

After 1250 emails between my friend, Derek and I discussing why I am a Catholic
    and not a JW and after sending him verses about how Christ wants to come into
    our lives etc, I came to the conclusion, my friend who had not uttered one
    original thought and blithely used all the logical fallacies and verbal bullying
    of the WT had been and is completely controlled by Bethel. He told me he was
    having a bible study with Lance who is a mechanic, by bible study, read using JW
    books to interpret scripture. I told him that I study Revelations with a
    Cambridge University professor, fluent in Koine Greek.

His last message to me was:

"I want to save your life. get out of Babylon thr Great!......and survive into a
    new system on earth with a righteous government on earth. No politicians,
    corruption, false (sic) religion, money, war, disease, murder, dying of old age,
    famine. I want to be there with you my brother. Living forever on earth!!
    Worshipping the one true God, Jehovah in pure worship."

I had always believed that 'worship' in a 'heavenly' realm was redundant, but
    anyway. I told my friend that by this statement, he was disrespecting my faith,
    my religion and my culture and that I was one of the 144 000 who would go to
    heaven. He retorted "Dream on" and later retracted that cynical conversation
    stopper with: "It's your choice to believe thus.

The Watchtower has now slid further down in my list of cults I cannot make sense
    of to third last position above The People's Temple and The Family
    International. No wait, I put the Family above them as Moses Berg in his 'Mo
    Letters' often expresses admiration for the Catholic Church, something the WT
    would never do!!!!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Wow. 1200 emails and you never got a clue you were talking to a brick wall?

• alanv
    alanv

You do realize he was probably counting field service time while emailing you.

The advice the WT give is, if you are not getting through after a reasonable length of time you should just leave it in the hope that the person concerned will come to their senses.

That is good advice for us too I guess. If they keep changing the subject and go round in circles it is best to leave it till they work it out for themselves. Not always easy but the right thing to do.

• teel
    teel

I second that: Wow. You have a lot of patience.

Yes, JWs confuse "Bible study" with Watchtower study, therefore it is very rare that something original comes out of them. That is partly also because of fear that they may talk against the GB, wich is probably the biggest sin a JW can do.

• maputo95
    maputo95

Lol, on 'talking to a brick wall'!! And thanks for the other pertinent comments. Please God, let me continue to respect other beliefs, atheism etc and NOT try to kid myself my beliefs are the ONLY right ones. What is true to you is true to you.

• bamse
    bamse

According to Don Cameron the "only" method for reaching a witness is to point on the legitimacy of the GB. Point on all the false prophecies and ask: "How can Jehovah expect ordinary people to be able to choose a 'prophet' who never ever has got any prediction fulfilled?"

• moshe
    moshe

The dream to cheat death by surviving Armageddon and going into a paradise earth is the carrot that keeps JW's going. That dream is what they live for and it acts like a drug for them. Accordingly, reality does not interest hardcore JW's and that is why the reject all attempts to rationalize their thinking. The JW who is emailing me back and forth now for 2 weeks, is very shallow in his reasoning, but he really thinks I am the fool for not accepting his WT beliefs. In his mind I am rejecting his future offer of a steak and lobster dinner, in favor of a real bowl of porridge. He hasn't figured out that he will starve to death waiting on that imaginary meal from the WT.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Good analogy Moshe, I cant help but feel sad for all the ones who are "brainwashed" into waisting their lives for the mythical prize of everlasing life. I definately defies logic.

Darth Fader

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit