German pensioner denies attempt to machine-gun Jehovahs Witnesses

by Mythbuster 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Thursday, 04 February 2010 20:53

Bielefeld, Germany - A German pensioner charged with the attempted murder of 81 Jehovahs Witnesses by storming into their community hall and trying to open fire with a machine gun has denied all the charges, a court heard on Tuesday.

The 83-year-old, who cannot be named, allegedly stormed into the meeting in the town of Bielefeld and attempted to fire a machine gun at the group in July 2009 - but the weapon malfunctioned and the man was wrestled to the ground.

A psychiatrist for the defendant told the court that the accused had merely wanted to point out that Islamists could be a danger to Jehovahs Witnesses.

The prosecution said he had tried to "maliciously shoot" as many as possible of the congregation.

The accused man has not yet addressed the court in person.

The psychiatrist said the pensioner told him that his dog had found the gun in the forest. He had cleaned it, tried it out and been impressed with the gun's firepower.

The accused told the psychiatrist that he planned to hand the gun in to the local authorities, but then decided to demonstrate how easily someone could target such a devoutly Christian group as the Jehovahs Witnesses.

The man had stressed that he would never shoot at women and children, of whom many were present at the congregation. The psychiatrist said the man showed no sign of dementia.

Outside the courtroom, prosecution lawyer Klaus Metzler said the man had told a "fanciful story." Metzler said he thought the true motive was revenge, after the pensioner's daughter had joined the Jehovahs Witnesses and become estranged.

Two Jehovahs Witnesses present during the alleged attack said the pensioner was openly wielding the gun, which was equipped with a muffler.

Both said that they had been terrified, and said that many community members still suffered nightmares.

Police weapons experts said the gun had been fully functional.

The trial is to continue on February 24.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/307580

• dissed
    dissed

The real truth?

He is a JW pioneer and thought it was a group of apostates.

Hey,`that's more believable than the story he told.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Yeah, the "dog found the gun" alibi seems a little weak.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If the jury buy that story, they are really dumb....or prejudiced....

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Well, I don't condone his actions but I can't say I've never had fantasies about doing similar things to my KH/the Brooklyn HQ, although I just want to burn the buildings to the ground when nobody is there.

Some story he came up with. The only way you could get those JWs to believe a story that ridiculous would be to get it printed in the watchtower or awake, or have it told in earnest on the platform of an assembly...

• tryingtoexit
    tryingtoexit

the fact that the gun didnt work all of a sudden is reason enough for Witnesses to believe they have the truth because Jehovah saved them. I can hear them now: "if this was the Catholic Church we would be reading about this in the headlines, but instead Jehovah decided to spare his people"

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Yeah true, but if he had sprayed the entire group with lead and killed them all it would have been attributed to persecution of 'true Christians' by 'the God of this worldly system of things'. They cant lose .

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Does anybody remember the bombing of the kingdom hall in Sydney Australia? back in the late 70s early 80s i recall?

edit... just searched a found an older thresd about it. duh

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit