Proper procedure - flow - for projects composed in Adobe CS4?

by sinis 1 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Thanks to everyone who answered my CS4 AE questions. After doing some more research and posting on other boards, I was under the impression that the WHOLE composition was done in AE. Appearently not. So at this point I have to ask what part is done in Premiere, etc? I'm a complete noob to CS4 but any info would help. Here is a break down of what I am trying to do (post that was submitted to an Adobe board). Thanks!!!

I'm new to AE and the Adobe Suite in general. I noticed on one of my posts (noob to the whole CS4 thing) that a poster indicated that AE should not be used to build the entire project. I will describe my project to the best of my ability, what it is I am doing and hopefully someone can chime in, as to what the proper procedure should be with what I have (ie going between premiere, and AE, etc.).

My first composition will get put on Youtube, so its only about 5 minutes long.

Here is a break down of my composition:

1. opening image that was created in photo shop - no effects (no sound at this point)

2. nine seperate images of the numbers 9 - 1 using a film effect of blur, noise, etc. - number sequences are all 1 second long and provide a 9-1 countdown before the video starts.

3. Here is where the music starts - mp3.

4. Approximately 20 slides with text and a film effect applied that renders each slide to that old film look (each slide is ~5 - 10 seconds long)

5. Approximately 15 slides with images - no effects (each slide is ~7 seconds long)

6. Approximately 2 slides with text and film effect applied that renders each slide to that old film look (each slide is ~5 - 10 seconds long)

7. Approximately 48 images (no effects applied) that produce an exponential time duration decrease over approx 50 seconds.

8. music ends.

9. short imported avi video that runs for about 25 seconds.

10. approximately 2 slides with no effects (each slide is ~5-10 seconds long)

11. END OF COMPOSITION

The question I have is what parts are done where and how would I go about doing it? A general over view would be appreciated, as I can look further into things. Thanks again!

• Crux
    Crux

I've never used any other adobe products outside of PS and AE. In general though what you describe could all be done in Windows Movie Maker, so I imagine you could do everything in Premiere. What you describe really isn't all that involved so having to use multiple programs shouldn't be necessary.

This is the way I would do it.

1) Form the video with no effects. Insert all of the pictures and video clips and get them in order and all the timing the way you want.

2) Add the effects. Transitions between each picture might be a nice touch ^_^ Add in your old timey filters and text.

3) Audio. Insert the mp3 to the audio track, edit as needed. Now if you want to be fancy you can put the music in as the very first thing you do and time picture transitions with beat/rhythm of the music.

4) Export.

SAVE OFTEN. I would also recommend saving off copies of the project during different stages incase you decide you want to try something else, then it won't be that much of a hassle to try something different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit