Anyone here know how to use CS4 After Effects?

by sinis 8 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Trying to do a small project. I think I am doing it right. Basically I have still images that I want to make into an avi. OK, so I have my images, with added effects, which show on individual lines, this is correct, right? So for example image 1 shows on line one, with a duration of 5 seconds in at 0:0:0 out at 0:5:0 image two is on line two and has a duration of 5 seconds in at 0:5:0 out at 0:10:0. So far I hope this is right.

Two questions:

First I find that the time duration min limit is like 3 seconds, is there any way to get below this? I was hoping to make a montage that progressively sped up with the last few images showing within tenths of seconds.

Second, how in the hell do I compile the entire project and output it as an avi? I tried sending it to the queue, but for some reason it says out as the first image I have????? So does this mean that it is not compiling the entire thing? Thanks for the help, I'm a noob at AE.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Contact my son: [email protected].

F.

• sinis
    sinis

Thanks. I hate to "cold e-mail" him so to speak. Are you sure he is down with this? Maybe a heads up before I email him? Let me know. Thanks for the help!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I haven't done this in a while but used to use Paint Shop Pros Animation Shop. (now owned by Corel)

I think if you highlight the frames you want to go faster you should be able to change the speed on them. It let me speed the frames up to

BTW Simon turns off the animation properties of avatars here.

I'm fiddling around with mine and something I used to do is add extra frams for the images you want to go slower when I couldn't get the speed down to what I want.

Yup I was able to have the frames flash at different speeds and it let me go down as far as 1/100th sec and up to 32767/100th sec

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just found a link for free older versions

http://www.oldversion.com/Paint-Shop-Pro.html

I'm using 7.04 but think I will take a look at some of the upgraded programs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm pretty new at AE as well. I could probably figure it out if I had AE open but I don't have it on my work computer. You can find some decent tutorials at http://www.lynda.com and it's not expensive.

W

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just a note. You probably are working with a much better program but if Animator can do it then there has to be a way for the better ptograms to do it

• Crux
    Crux

ok, i got to messing around now that i am home. The 3 second limit is on a total composition. You want to make the composition the length of the entire film. The composition is the most important first step. Its the base for everything else. So if I understand correctly you are importing pictures. Once you have a picture in your project window you can simply drag it to the comp window or to your timeline. From there you can drag the timeline bar for each picture to the length of time you want it to be and move it around on the time line to the right place.

I don't think you were doing the comp right whcih caused your export problems. I had no problems making a quick video a minute long which a couple pictures. Now I'm using an older version of AE but exporting should be the same. I usually go composition > Add to render queue then adjust the setting to what I want. Or you can go to File > Export > AVI... and achieve the same results.

Hope this helps.

• sinis
    sinis

Yes, thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit