Anybody see Oprah tonight?

by ShirleyW 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

She had on the children of the mother and father who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. Interesting to hear them say that when they were growing up they were raised in a religious household, how they were only allowed to watch National Geographic shows, how the mother (and stepfather) physically/mentally abused them. THe kids have nothing to do with mom now, one son even mentioned he saw her at the mall and wanted his mom to meet her grandson but she stepped away and wouldn't acknowledge them, stepfather showed nude pictures to one of the daughters while the children had to do their required two hours of praying everyday . . . . kinda reminds me another CULT we're all familiar with, doesnt it ????

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The kidnapper was the step-father, not the father, but yes, the whole messy family sounded like jws.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Yes, I seen it. It was pretty sad. They mentioned they were Mormon and how they were treated completely different at home then they were out in the public. I seen many similarities to some of the stories I have read here and seen with my own eyes regarding JW's. I think it's all about looking good to those who don't really matter for a pat on the back and treating the ones your suppose to love as disposable and unworthy. So backward, if you ask me

I felt really sorry for the eldest daughter who wanted so bad to remember the good times with her mom while the other couldn't stand the woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit