If Jesus is Shiloh, then he is not the stone and shepherd, or vice versa is he?

by EndofMysteries 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

A little project, unless anyone already has an answer for this. Gen 49:10, many take to be Jesus, a few things mentioned, (The sceptre shall not depart from Judah until Shiloh comes, to him belong the obedience of the peoples. He washed his garments in wine, his eyes shall be red with wine and his teeth white with milk)

Now in Gen 49:22 JOSEPH's decendants are said to have the stone of Israel, the shepard, the true one from God. Jesus said he was the offshoot, the stone of Israel. Another interesting observation, the name of Jesus father (adopted I guess), is Joseph, and Josephs father is Jacob. (If you look up in Matt /Mark whichever book has the list)

If Jesus was of Joseph, or considered that, then who IS Shiloh? The being filled with wine and red blood eyes, seems either an executer and strict enforcer of God (Jesus could fit in the sense if he's leading the armies at Armageddon), OR being the teeth are white with milk (never progressing spiritually a babe and drunk) a slayer of God's true servants and like Babylon the Great.

I would like to see what others thoughts are about those 2 scriptures and if like most of the world believe Shiloh is Jesus, explain how both are, or if they are separate your thoughts on that.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

when I mean unless already have an answer, I mean that if this is your first time seeing this, you'll probably have to do some personal study since the thought will probably be, "Wait, how can he be both?"

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

I having trouble understanding exactly what you are asking. I don't see how both verses can't be reffering to Jesus.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Show me in the bible where Jesus is shown to be a decendant of Joseph, and then scriptures where a decendant of Judah.

I am also curious on some opinions on Shiloh, having teeth white because of milk and red eyes, in what way does that relate to Jesus and what it means?

Answering this for the most part requires personal answers, because I haven't been able to find much or teachings about this and explaining how both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit