Any information on Nancy Yuen?

by Edington 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Edington
    Edington

Hi all,

Has anyone ever met Nancy Yuen, or have any information on this sister?

I recall listening to her being interviewed at a Kingdom Hall in the UK many many years ago regarding her solitary imprisonment in China for refusing to stop preaching the JW message.

She was married to a non chinese, non JW man & had children as I recall. She missed most of their growing up as her husband left China with their children.

Ed

• Chalam
  • Edington
    Edington

Thank you for the link Chalam.

Pretty much as I remember her story.

I never understood why she could not stop preaching as she was told & leave China with her husband. How many more people could she have preached to & had bible studies with if she had left.

Also what good did her spending 20years in confinement do, who remembers in the vast scale of things what she did?

It just seems so very sad.......but who am I to pass comment.

Now the org' seems to be able to pull missionaries out of countries when the going gets tough. I guess the examples of Bro King & Jones had a great effect on her decisions

Ed

• dissed
    dissed

I asked my wife if she remembered Nancy. We had met her at a Santa Monica KH.

Her recollection was how sad it was she went to prison when she didn't have to. She had a misunderstanding of the preaching work, like we had to go door to door.

She was a very nice lady and very sharp. But unfortunately, it was her lack of knowledge and strong allegiance to the GB's thinking cost her dearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit