Help for newly disassociated member

by VanillaMocha73 7 Replies latest jw friends

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Haven't posted here in a long while, but I was seeking two people who used to be members and whose names I cannot remember for the life of me...

My mom da'd this week for doctrinal reasons - realizing that the JW is all about idolatry of a group of men / organization. She has been a JW for 35+ years and anointed, so she is getting a LOT of pressure from elders, etc.

I wanted to find the grandmotherly lady from England that has been through this and also the sister / brother from Edmonds, WA that I knew when I was in the KH there. Both resources would be great support. (Well, all of y'all who would like to email her ... )

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

bttt.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I think the grandmotherly lady from England you describe is probably Grace (aka Mouthy).

• willyloman
    willyloman

You could be thinking of "Mulan" who doesn't post much here any more. She lives in WA.

Good news about your mother coming to realize the WT's problems are systemic and cannot be fixed. Sounds as if she acted upon her conscience and if so she did the right thing and that will make it easier for her to endure. My wife and I left after 30 years, only we just quit going and never bothered to DA. They treat us the same, however. If we can offer any advice, let us know.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow. Congrats and KUDOS to your brave mother!!!

I ran into a fellow on YouTube who recently D/A'd and is feeling a bit lost and down - doesn't believe the WTBTS' party line, but is regretting the lost years. Wish he could read about your mother - he's in his 30's or 40's and way too regretful of lost time - not realizing that he has much of his life ahead of him...

Again, Congrats to your very courageous mother!! Zid

• Balsam
    Balsam

WOW what a brave move for your Mom. I totally know how hard it is to leave after 35 years. I was in for 30 years, and though I didn't believe I was of the annointed I did feel a pull to it but resisted it all those years knowing Elders talk about so called annointed sisters and whether they really are or not. It is a blow to find out the religion you've been devoted too for all those years is baloney. Hope she will find her way.

Ruth

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome back VanillaMocha73!

Love and prayers for your mum :)

Glad the veil has been lifted 2 Corinthians 3 2 Corinthians 4 !

Will PM you my email if she wants to email or yourself.

Blessings,

Stephen

• sacolton
    sacolton

YAY MOM!!! I'm sure the "New Light" about the 'generation' change will raise a few eyebrows among the long-term JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit