U.S. Goes $1.9 Trillion Deeper In Debt

by Sam Whiskey 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

This is spinning out of control!

By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer – 36 mins ago

WASHINGTON – The Democratic-controlled Senate has muscled through a plan to allow the government to go a whopping $1.9 trillion deeper in debt.

The party-line 60-40 vote was successful only because Republican Sen.-elect Scott Brown has yet to be seated. Sixty votes were required to approve the increase. The measure would lift the debt ceiling to $14.3 trillion. That's about $45,000 for every American.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128/ap_on_bi_ge/us_senate_debt_limit

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Earlier today, there was some indication that the Democratic Senator from Indiana might side with the Republicans on this issue. Evidently not.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The measure would lift the debt ceiling to $14.3 trillion. That's about $45,000 for every American.

Ronald Reagan was excoriated by the Liberals when he left office with a national debt of HALF that amount minus another 2 billions dollars. It didn't matter to them that Jimmy Carter basically dismantled our mighty military and Reagan re-built it AND did such a good job of doing ii that the Soviet Union decided to quit and throw in the towel. AND he left office with the sturdy foundation for a decade and a half of the longest period of growth and prosperity this Nation has ever seen.

So that begs the question: what do Americans have to show now for every one of us OWING the government $45,000? The ones that owe but will never pay it back includes not only the very poor but the bastards on Wall Street and in the financial sector who have sucked up great chunks of that money so they can stay in business and continue to swindle the gullible at taxpayer expense.

Farkel

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    what do Americans have to show now for every one of us OWING the government $45,000?

At this time, I'd be happy with a free copy of TurboTax Deluxe. This would make it easier for me to send my money to Uncle Sam.

-LWT

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Thats OK, we just print more money whenever we need it!

what do Americans have to show now for every one of us OWING the government $45,000?

Well, you can download the WT for FREE from the society..............

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The outrage soon passes - the numbers are simply meaningless.

As long as Bernake's presses are running who cares right? I mean, how many of us can comprehend a trillion dollars.

I think what they're doing is completely irresponsible.

It will end though - in tears.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The solution--give us 10-digit annual inflation. That way, they can "pay" off the debt with cheaper dollars (a sheet of toilet paper will cost more than the $14.3 trilliion), while everyone that has saved their money can lose it to this scam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit