Why I left the Jehovah's Witnesses

by God_Delusion 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

If you haven't done so already, I advise that you watch the below video.

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/2010/01/why-i-left-jehovahs-witnesses.html

I know exactly how he feels, as it's the exact same reason I had to break free; well sort of, but not entirely free yet .

Also, does anyone know if this lad posts on here? If he does, please PM me and let me know his username.

Cheers,

Carlos

PS. What basket would you put me in; I no longer go to the meetings, but I am not disfellowshipped, neither have I disassociated myself, although I have all the tendencies of a fully-fledged apostate. I hate the "Faded" tag. Anyway, I'll leave this topic for another day.

• wobble
    wobble

You are just a basket case,end of. we cannot put you IN a basket. Tee Hee

I am in the same category as you, but I do not mind "faded" it rymes with jaded which I am.

Love

Wobble

• highdose
    highdose

your in the same basket as me. Hey we can all be basket cases together!;)

I guess what i mean is, your in good company

• alanv
    alanv

There are certainly advantages to you if you simply fade. It means you are not barred from speaking to other JWs which may include family members. Some will ignore you anyway as they do me but at least you don't get the stone wall all the time.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad you have share your thoughts. Many are in the same boat as you are and there are advantages and disadvantages to it.

alanv summed up the advantages quite well. One of the disadvantages is, depending on how zealous the BOE is, you may be hounded by their shepherding calls.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

You lot are just great, and I honestly mean that.

I suppose I was asking for the "Basket-Case" remark. Thing is, I am a basket-case. I was always the rebelious one out of all my siblings; always getting put in front of the elders, always getting caught fondling pioneer sisters b**bs, etc.

Oh well, the WBTS and I just weren't meant to be together, and I thank Spag Mon for that.

Cheers guys,
    Carlos

PS. I've written a piece on 1914, which will be published on my blog (JWB = JehovahsWitnessBlog.com) and on here. I want to do a piece on the various "Generation" changes that have gone on. Anyone got any ideas?

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

HighDose, Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. We'll arrange to go out for a beer soon.

Cheers

• xbro
    xbro

good to see you made it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit