Where is the WTS last reference to "United Nations?"

by Gayle 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

Could you do a copy and paste of it? Is the WTS talkinglately about the United Nations much?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Since they got busted in 2001 on their UN/NGO affiliation there seems to have been a noticeable drop off in references to the UN but I havn't seen anything official proving this, which is what you are after. I'm sure there has been a thread on this though.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

11/09 Awake quoted the UN Chronicle a couple times: " The UNChronicle reports that “two thirds of newborn deaths could be prevented if all mothers and newborns” obtained medical treatment that is “well-known, feasible and deliverable without complex technology.” Sadly, though, the lack of knowledge and the laxity in prenatal care on the part of mothers is all too common, reports the Philippines News Agency.

“Healthier mothers have healthier babies,” says the UNChronicle. It also observes that when a woman gets inadequate medical care or none at all during pregnancy, childbirth, and the period thereafter, her baby also receives little or no medical care.

12/09 Awake also has a blurb: “Although the rate of net loss of forest has decreased in recent years, the world is still losing about [80 square miles] [200sq km] of forest a day.”—FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS, ITALY.

Nothing in the Watchtower since the Bible Highlights from Revelation in 2/15/09 WT: " This symbolic wild beast began as the League of Nations and was later revived as the United Nations. Should not the unraveling of this mystery move us to be zealous in preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom and proclaiming the day of Jehovah’s judgment?"

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you, Sweeney!!

So, apparently, the WTS is still mentioning it briefly, being the "symbolic wild beast." (2/15/09 WT)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's referred to as the beast but only in the Kool Aid version. I doubt they'll say that in the Awake! or PR edition of the WT.

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Uhh... I have the latest mention on my 2008 Watchtower CD (I really need the new one! >__< ) as 15th December '08. Nothing important though. Just a brief mention in an article about Witnesses in Korea.

There doesn't seem to be any mention that I could find in the last couple of years' Watchtowers about the UN in regard to prophecy. They mention the UN quite a bit, but only to quote them on statistics and the like (e.g.: "According to a United Nations source, about five million children die from the effects of hunger each year.").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit