subliminal wt-art

by Adrianoblue 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

well, being an artist myself, i have often wondered about a few mindbugging images the wt-painters have produced.

i know that objects with various structures and patterns can activate the viewers fantasy on behalf of familiar images. i. e. clouds, steam, clothing etc.

i would just like to point out one picture that really bugs me: i slightly remember the red "paradise" book, where a couple are in a bedroom. in the background on the sideboard you can see a bookcover with an aries head on it. now this is not subliminal at all. it`s actually pretty obvious what it represents.

now, what i ask myself is: was this a comission work, or was it the painters idea? if so, then WHY?

i think they changed the illustration later on, but i`m not sure.

what do you think about it?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Here is a thread from 3 years ago where someone questioned subliminal WT art.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/121732/1/A-Professional-Artist-Observes

This person was scolded for it. I find this response rather humorous, myself, in light of what has been brought out in the past three years. I do wonder though, if this person's attitude about it has changes.

quote from Jgnat in response to WT subliminal art:

IF WE GAVE EQUAL AIR TIME to conspiracy theorists, hidden-message art, freemasonry, kingdom hall satanic covens, and other such blather, the hard evidence would be buried under the weight of misinformation.

-------------------------------

This thread, also started by the above poster, CoCo, received some interesting responses. It contains pics of the artwork.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/125078/1/Revelation-Climax-page-52-Kindly-Respond

-------------------------------------

From 2 years ago, there was still division among members as to whether this was true about the subliminal images.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/128114/1/E-Watchman-says-subliminal-images-in-the-Watchtower-are-real

I would be curious to know if many of these people have ever changed their views on this.

Anyawy, if you use the search feature at the top of the page you can find more articles and pics. Also, if you could put up a scan of the pic you are referring to I would like to see it. I am not sure if it has been discussed.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Every few weeks a JW subliminal art thread gets started which provokes a huge range of opinions, from, they are definitely being purposefully planted by devil worshippers in the Art Department, to it is all completely just your imagination and the only images you may see is the same phenomenon as when you see images in the clouds or your wallpaper. I think the persons opinion depends largely on their own level of scepticism but also how many JW publication subliminal images they have actually seen. Many claimed images are simply exaggerated or bogus and the claims of them being subliminal art deserve derision; but there is also little doubt that there are some strange and disturbing images that have been purposefully planted by the artist, for what reasons and motives we cannot be certain. The Live Forever book and Revelation Books have some classic and undeniable examples imo.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Go watch Donahue. If you're too old to remember it, google it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My take on it.

JW's are a cult that uses manipulative art all the time. That is different from subliminal art.

Even if imbedded images exist, that is still different from subliminal art.

The effect of subliminal messages is of itself, somewhat of a debated subject.

JW's are about as subtle as a sledgehammer when it comes to their aims. Their art does give nightmares. No one who suggests that subliminal art is inserted purposefully ever asks if JW's are even capable of this? Their artists are all volunteers. More good art gets thrown out and rejected then we all know about simply because a GB member didn't like it.

The way the whole organization works makes the insertion of subliminal art in WT publications prohibitive. Art starts with an approved concept, several drafts of the concept are reviewed by grumpy, unsophisticated old men, and one is picked, sometimes after an argument has ensued.

Lastly, and to me, most importantly, suggesting that JW's are effective because of subliminal art weakens the arguments regarding the real problems and controversies regarding blood, disfellowshipping, and pedophiles. Truthfully, most people who hear some people accuse JW's of subliminal art roll their eyes and take those accusations less seriously then JW's.

The whole problem with JW's is their manipulative, bait and switch approach in finding troubled people who would serve as prime candidates for converts. They are a cult. They are good at some things. Subliminal art isn't something they do.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Wiki article on subliminal stimuli

(please do not use in college research papers, but a good read nonetheless)

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

JW coupleram head

Nah....silly postate rumor!

Really though, this evil nonsense indicts them more certainly than subjective images in the art.

http://watchtowerkarma.webs.com/horror.html

• Chalam
    Chalam

in the background on the sideboard you can see a bookcover with an aries head on it. now this is not subliminal at all. it`s actually pretty obvious what it represents.

what do you think about it?

It is all part of the idolatry which has been around for thousands of years, note the last sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aries_(astrology)

Aries (astrology)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Aries
    Aries.svg
    Zodiac SymbolRam
    Duration (Tropical,Western)20 March – 20 April (2010, UTC)
    Duration (Sidereal,Hindu) [ 1 ]14 April – 7 May (2010,UTC)
    ConstellationAries
    Zodiac ElementFire
    Zodiac QualityCardinal
    DomicileMars
    DetrimentVenus
    ExaltationSun
    FallSaturn
    This box: viewtalk

Aries (?) is the first astrological sign in the Zodiac, named for the constellation of Aries, called "The Ram" in the Greek tradition, after the golden ram that rescued Phrixos, taking him to the land of Colchis.

In tropical astrology, this sign is no longer aligned with the constellation as a result of the precession of the equinoxes. Under thetropical zodiac, the Sun is in Aries roughly from March 21 to April 19, by definition beginning at vernal equinox. Under the sidereal zodiac, it is currently there roughly from April 15 to May 15.

Individuals born when the Sun was in this sign are considered "Aries individuals" or "Arians". [2]

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit