And so it begins....

by Heartbreaker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

It has been since October that we've heard from the, how is it termed WTWizard? Hounders? Yes, those people, despite the fact that last time we spoke I very dramatically told them to get off my lawn, and not to come back. Since at that visit they found out at that my youngest childs birthday was indeed celebrated, with no beheading, but still, and since we've celebrated wicked Halloween, Horrible Christmas, my birthday...who knows if they know all that....they have now called my husband. The message went something like this:

"Hey, ummm, ______, Brother COBE wants to get together with you and well, we need to clear a few things up. Maybe we could meet at the Kingdom Hall, and well anyway, just give us a call back so we can get this taken care of"

So either

a) CO is comin' round tha mountain as he comes (sing along with me)....or

b)my oldest child putting it in the face of my mother the fact that she's never been happier, and that we've just had our best 1st Christmas...or

c)they think that we can be reactivated. I feel like charcoal. (I'm sure the nurses on the board will catch that one)

In related news, I felt such a huge wave of laughter come over me when my husband played the voicemail! While we wish Brother Newly Appointed Elder that used to be our good friend wasn't the one doing the hounding, we felt it was utterly funny that they are even trying.

Deny that a member of the congregation touched our children in an inappropriate way? SURE we want to be in your congregation...absofreakinlutely. Gimme a break.

I'll update as warranted.

• crapola
    crapola

Are you going to call them back? I wouldn't.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Call them back? No way. I'm not into fighting with them, and that's all it would be...a fight. I've learned a lot from this site, and others like it, and became a lot more confident in what I believe and think. I will not play their game, and if push comes to shove I'll use that legal letter about defamation.

• dissed
    dissed

Oh common Heartbreaker!

Think how hard it was for those Elders to make that call and leave that kindly message. You should call them back and tell them you are sorry and will meet with them any time of the day or night.

Be sure and offer to bring some coffee and cookies to make amends.

It's not easy being an abusive Elder, they need love too! lol

Dissed - formerly one of the EAC! Elder Abusive Class

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"Hey, ummm, ______, Brother COBE wants to get together with you and well, we need to clear a few things up. Maybe we could meet at the Kingdom Hall, and well anyway, just give us a call back so we can get this taken care of"

I'm glad they were so specific about what was so important to them! However the "get this taken care of" part pretty much explains it all. You're going to be "taken care of", alright however not in the common understanding of the term, but more as in the "honey, did you get the trash taken care of?" sense of the term!

Farkel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Deny that a member of the congregation touched our children in an inappropriate way? SURE we want to be in your congregation...absofreakinlutely. Gimme a break.

I would add something about the above mentioned issue if you send a letter threatening legal action.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I agree Farkel. I feel a good "getting taken care of" on its way.

And Jamie, you always have something so thoughtful to add when I post. Thank you! This issue we are mentioning was what got them kicked off the property last time they stopped by. At least they haven't tried that trick again, I'd call the cops. They were warned.

• etna
    etna

Good on you Heartbreaker, call the cops they deserve it. Tell them to leave you alone or better still don't even acknowledge them. All the best

Etna

• besty
    besty

ignore the voicemail and let them do what they have been told to do.

you are free.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

don't make it easy for them let them stew about what to do. keep it on their to do list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit