Paulapollos - First Article on Freeminds

by besty 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/governing-body/the-governing-body-of-jehovah-s-witnesses-examining-their-claimed-authority.html

right now the article is on the homepage http://www.freeminds.org/

"One particular teaching that lends credence to the Governing Body being in authority over Jehovah's Witnesses, is the claim they are of the annointed class, and they have received God's Spirit in a way that enables them to govern rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses. Since the majority of Jehovah's Witnesses have not experienced this, they consider themselves not to be annointed. Although the Governing Body states officially that they do not have more holy spirit than rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses, most Witnesses view this experience, this feeling that we "know we are annointed", as a very special thing that give the Governing Body their authority. But does this claim stand up to Biblical scrutiny? Is it true that to be "annointed", we must have had a "experience", and we just "know"? Is the annointing based on you "feeling" you are a son of God, and the Bible applies to you in a special way, as many "annointed" claim?......" READ MORE

• free2think
    free2think

nice one Paul

• besty
    besty

all these Pauls :-)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yes, indeed, all these Pauls, LOL !

It was a great article and I do like his choices of NT passages.

Paul says to Timothy: “This fine trust guard through the holy spirit which is dwelling in us.” (2 Timothy 1:14)

Paul says: “I am impaled with Christ. It is no longer I but Christ living in me.” (Galatians 2:20)

“Now on the last day, the great day of the festival, Jesus was standing up and he cried out, saying: "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. He that puts faith in me, just as the Scripture has said, 'Out from his inmost part streams of living water will flow.'" However, he said this concerning the spirit which those who put faith in him were about to receive; for as yet there was no spirit, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.” (John 7:37-39)

” Becoming “one spirit” with Christ would mean a person has no consciousness of self but of another life within him, that of Christ. (1 Corinthians 6:17) The spirit in us makes our bodies the temple of the living God. (1 Corinthians 6:19)

1 John 2:27 “And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but, as the anointing from him is teaching you about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught you, remain in union with him.”

Some were given an external baptism, others were not. Yet all were sons of God, “anointed”. And how? Paul again says in (Gal 3:26,27) “YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.” And again in (Rom 8:14) “For all who are led by God's spirit, these are God's sons.”

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

This part here was also very good:

Paul also explained what exactly this spirit is in (Rom 8:9) “However, YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God's spirit truly dwells in YOU. But if anyone does not have Christ's spirit, this one does not belong to him.”

Paul equates God’s spirit with Christ’s spirit. So when Jesus was glorified, his spirit and God’s mingled, and then was poured out into the hearts of all those who had faith that they were included in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. He also said this on other occasions, for instance in (Joh 14:16) “and I will request the Father and he will give YOU another helper to be with YOU forever,” and again in (Joh 16:7) “Nevertheless, I am telling YOU the truth, It is for YOUR benefit I am going away. For if I do not go away, the helper will by no means come to YOU; but if I do go my way, I will send him to YOU.”

• boyzone
    boyzone

Is it me, or is the freeminds site having trouble formatting its pages? The words keep overlapping.

• besty
    besty

which page are you having trouble with? and which browser are you using?

• boyzone
    boyzone

Thanks Besty

Went to the homepage but all the pages on freeminds are playing up. Haven't had any problems with other sites. Using windows xp

• besty
    besty

hmmm - all looks fine to me - windows XP is your operating system - maybe you are using Internet Explorer? if so maybe you could tell me what version?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit