Jews wandered for 40 years in the wilderness,or???

by PopeOfEruke 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Didn't God punish the Jews who fell back to calf worship by not allowing them into the promised Land?

Well I remember that the Jews wandered in the wilderness for 40 years until the generation of calf worshippers died out!

Only 40 YEARS for an entire GENERATION!! That can't be can it? That goes against the teaching of Jesus's replacements, the Governing Body!!!

That's exactly the problem with the NEW GENERATION today - no respect for historical precedents!

The Jews had it easy, 40 years is a piece of cake! We got 140 years already and still counting!

:-)

The Pope , talking 'bout MY GENERATION

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Should have had a Garman

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

a Garmin Juvi??

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I can hear my mother now explaining that one "People are living far longer now than they did then." No thinking ability at all, just repeat what you are told.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you are attempting to do some research and actually find something, you'll find that 40 has special significance and meaning. The Great Flood rained 40 days and nights to destroy wickedness. Israelites wandered for 40 years for their sin. Jesus and Elijah fasted for 40 days. Moses was in the mountain of God 40 days and nights. First judge of Israel was judge for 40 years. King David ruled 40 years. Solomon reigned 40 years. Jehoshash reigned 40 years. Ezekiel had to carry the error of hte house of Judah 40 days or did he?

Post your results or anybody who already knows it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

And wasn't the punishment for certain sins/crimes 40 strokes?

40 seems to be more than coincidental.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

40 seems to be 1. the number used in regards to payment for sins/to be clean 40 days and nights for rain on flood, 40 days to take the sin of Israel, 40 years in the wilderness, 40 days of fasting. If 40 strokes for sin, (do you know a scripture on that?)

2. Also the King's who for most of their reign ruled in Jehovah's favor, David, Solomon, etc.

It's def not coincidental, it's too consise.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In ancient Eastern Literature..

The number 40 means:.."Many,Many"..

Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves.....Ali Baba and the "Many,Many" Thieves..

During the Flood it rained 40 Days and 40 Nights.....During the flood it rained "Many,Many"Days and "Many,Many" Nights..

Ect..ect..ect..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

Pope,

:Only 40 YEARS for an entire GENERATION!! That can't be can it? That goes against the teaching of Jesus's replacements, the Governing Body!!!

You don't know anything. The first 40 years generation was overlapped by the second 40 years generation and so it has gone until this very day. Everyone knows the Jews are STILL wandering around in the wilderness.

They're just doing it invisibly.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit