I made an appointment today for a patient who was born in 1914

by doublelife 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• doublelife
    doublelife

That's all. It just reminded me of the new generation definition the GB invented. So I guess me and her are of the same generation.

• jamiebowers
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

Yes indeedy. And your great great great great great great great grandchildren be part of that generation, too, praise Jah!

Hopefully, the Watchtower flim-flam scam won't last that long. ;–)

~Sue

P.S.: Asked my mother the other night: What's the definition of a generation? "Well, about 25 years, you know, how long it takes to raise a family. Those children grow up, get married and start families of their own. People are waiting longer to get married now, so maybe a new generation every 30 years or so." It was one of those conversations where her cult programming was turned off.

• asilentone
    asilentone

9 :14 on the clock remind me too.

• nugget
    nugget

As soon as the WTBTS uses words such as evidently, or it is generally accepted, my cult detector goes off. Their definition of Generation is completely different to anyone elses.

The 1914 generation is thin on the ground since it was not just people born in 1914 but those who were old enough to recognise the events and significance of them that were once considered the generation. Most people born at the turn of the century are gone it is a fact the longer this goes on the more the society is lacking in credibility. Next they'll say as long as people can remember these ones then the generation symbolically goes on.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am 46 years old and I had a friend who was 94 years old. She was such a neat lady. Very opened minded. I first got to know her by cleaning for her but she fast became a friend. We would go to the movies together and out to eat. So even though she was 48 years older than I am and could very well have been my grandmother we are of the same generation?

Well that makes sense. NOT! How stupid do they truly feel we are. She herself would always say in my generation when I was your age. She was not a JW of course, or she would have understood that we were the same generation. LOL

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It was one of those conversations where her cult programming was turned off.

LOL.

JW's are a hot mess!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit