Thinking About Buying Webspace

by Nosferatu 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Does anybody have any suggestions about this? I've never bought webspace before. The main purpose is simply to host pictures and audio files. A free domain name would be nice, but it's not completely necessary. Oh yeah, I'm in Canada too.

I would also like to pay by the year, not by month.

One more requirement: The servers need to run Linux ;)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I've used MyHosting.com for over 10 years. They are a Canadian company and support Linux. Not the cheapest around but they have been great to me!

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I've been using arvixe.com for at least 5 years. They have great tech support and service. A domain name is included in the hosting. They're based in the U.S. though. They'll let you pay monthly, 6 months, yearly or 2 years. It's Linux hosting, includes Cpanel and Fantastico. If you ever need anything installed on the server that the script you're using needs, they'll do it for you. Anytime I create a website for someone, I stick them on an Arvixe account.

I have a few adult sites hosted on my account, use a few different scripts and have gone over 34.5GB data transfer in a month, so I think you'll have no problem hosting pictures and audio.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The unlimited disk space and data transfers of arvixe.com is what's appealing to me, and for $4 US. I don't need any "premium" or "business" plan. It's just for hosting files.

The wife isn't very happy that I'm thinking about paying for webspace, but with the free hosting sites I've been using going belly-up, I think it'll be worth it instead of re-uploading everything repeatedly.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

try one.com - dirt cheap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit